• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX admits Elliot wrongdoing

142 posts in this topic

Link?

I don't think they are allowed anymore.

CGC has made it clear they don't want people to use the boards to promote their competition - it's silly how people are pretending this somehow means they aren't allowed to say the names of other comic book message boards or provide a link to a post that's being discussed :doh:

It's actually not all that clear, and lack of clear moderator input has the masses wondering.

I was a bit confused myself as to whether the other chat forum was taboo or not. I couldn't see why it would be but also wasn't sure.

Glad that it isn't.

From my understanding, the other chat boards isn't taboo. It was the SPAM that was not allowed.

*Sigh*. Clicking around I get...

'You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.'

and

'The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum.'

:facepalm: What good is an open discussion if it's not open?

D'oh. Didn't know about that caveat. My apologies. I registered a while back so it showed up for me... Guess this might poof after all, we'll see...

Edit: I thought linking directly to the thread would put this far in the bounds of acceptable, but if you have to be registered to read it now I'm not so sure. But I'm leaving the post up because it's probably worthwhile seeing what happens now anyway.

We all appreciate you posting the link and in no way shape or form should CGC see it as negative. Unless they choose to be silly.

It was mainly reacting to reading lots of messageboards, comicspriceguide, stl, comics corral, and so on ad nauseum and this was the first where you have to register to read.

Link?

CGC has made it clear they don't want people to use the boards to promote their competition - it's silly how people are pretending this somehow means they aren't allowed to say the names of other comic book message boards or provide a link to a post that's being discussed :doh:

It's actually not all that clear, and lack of clear moderator input has the masses wondering.

I was a bit confused myself as to whether the other chat forum was taboo or not. I couldn't see why it would be but also wasn't sure.

Glad that it isn't.

Timern spammed over 600 people with PMs promoting his new message board - he received a strike for spamming and another one for trying to "promote a competitive interest". How could you possible equate that with linking to a specific post on a different board that's relevant to the discussion at hand?

Link?

Glad that it isn't.

Timern spammed over 600 people with PMs promoting his new message board - he received a strike for spamming and another one for trying to "promote a competitive interest". How could you possible equate that with linking to a specific post on a different board that's relevant to the discussion at hand?

I'm not equating Timern's spamming with CGC being heavy handed but I am equating uneven moderation and poor communication with being heavy handed. Some things just aren't very clear to everyone here...as can be easily witnessed by people being tentative to even mention the other chat forum in this thread.

The fact that there is confusion should be telling and a wake up call.

Link?

Glad that it isn't.

What if there were a CBCS forum and this was being discussed there? Does this become possibly muddier?

For the record, I like the myslabbedcomics forum.

Is it just me or do raw comics with grades in descriptions trade higher than slabbed books in PGX holders?

Depends on the book (and the Dealer), but wouldn't be surprising on some keys.

For the record, I like the myslabbedcomics forum.

Is that at myslabbedcomics.com?

Link?

I agree. Passive aggression. (shrug)

Is it just me or do raw comics with grades in descriptions trade higher than slabbed books in PGX holders?

Perhaps here, but not in the real world. Most auctions I watch, PGX books sell for less then CGC, but more than raw.

Perhaps here, but not in the real world. Most auctions I watch, PGX books sell for less then CGC, but more than raw.

A lot of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons new to the hobby seem to be embracing PGX because of the low cost and refuse to believe they are still capable of doing shady things, which is just ridiculous. Their reason being that because they are using them to slab moderns there is no risk of them personally experiencing any shenanigans so why not go with the cheaper grading option.

A lot of sports card hucksters new to the hobby seem to be embracing PGX because of the low cost and refuse to believe they are still capable of doing shady things, which is just ridiculous. Their reason being that because they are using them to slab moderns there is no risk of them personally experiencing any shenanigans so why not go with the cheaper grading option.

A lot of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons new to the hobby seem to be embracing PGX because of the low cost and refuse to believe they are still capable of doing shady things, which is just ridiculous. Their reason being that because they are using them to slab moderns there is no risk of them personally experiencing any shenanigans so why not go with the cheaper grading option.

I think a huge part that you are missing is turn around times are really fast at PGX. The people that make money on moderns are the quick flippers.

It is why another company bragging about quick turn around times is going to be interesting in the modern speculation market…

Link?

After what I saw two (?) nights ago, I'm not sure it is that silly. :eek:

A lot of sports card hucksters new to the hobby seem to be embracing PGX because of the low cost and refuse to believe they are still capable of doing shady things, which is just ridiculous. Their reason being that because they are using them to slab moderns there is no risk of them personally experiencing any shenanigans so why not go with the cheaper grading option.

That's exactly what it is. I :facepalm: every time I see it brought up in a discussion.