• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX admits Elliot wrongdoing

142 posts in this topic

I don't think the other threads are wrong to ask people to reign it in a bit with the PGX guy. He isn't going to answer questions if people are being combative.

My bigger gripe with the other boards are some other comments by Admins being made about CGC and comparing them to Hitler, Sudam, and PGX.

Is the rest of the board like that thread? Mods inserting themselves to force a conversation in one way. Kind of a joke if you ask me. Haven't seen bigger kids gloves since a Mike and Mike interview.

You're missing the point. He was answering questions on some topics that board members wanted answers on. With the Ryan questions, I think his lack of details (or guarded answers) is also a response that confirms some of what is pretty much assumed to be the case with still working with PGX.

But if you think the better way to get answers is to post 'YOU'RE SCUM - AND YOUR SERVICE IS TOO: OH, CAN I ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS NOW', you may be right. Total joke.

doh!

I understand that the name calling is not constructive to the discussion and it's a mods job to limit/stop that. The issue I have is with an admin posting "Hopefully once and for all we can bury this issue."

:gossip: good cop

Maybe...

Is the rest of the board like that thread? Mods inserting themselves to force a conversation in one way. Kind of a joke if you ask me. Haven't seen bigger kids gloves since a Mike and Mike interview.

You're missing the point. He was answering questions on some topics that board members wanted answers on. With the Ryan questions, I think his lack of details (or guarded answers) is also a response that confirms some of what is pretty much assumed to be the case with still working with PGX.

But if you think the better way to get answers is to post 'YOU'RE SCUM - AND YOUR SERVICE IS TOO: OH, CAN I ASK YOU SOME QUESTIONS NOW', you may be right. Total joke.

doh!

I understand that the name calling is not constructive to the discussion and it's a mods job to limit/stop that. The issue I have is with an admin posting "Hopefully once and for all we can bury this issue."

Maybe...

That mess works

That's why cops still use it even though everyone knows about it

doh!

Maybe...

That mess works

I know it works. Rust Cole gave us a prime example of how it works. I'm just not convinced that's what was going on...

doh!

Maybe...

That mess works

I know it works. Rust Cole gave us a prime example of how it works. I'm just not convinced that's what was going on…

I love a good True Detective reference in the morning :headbang:

doh!

Maybe...

That mess works

I know it works. Rust Cole gave us a prime example of how it works. I'm just not convinced that's what was going on...

Even if they're not consciously doing good cop, if they treat him with respect while they ask their questions, they can get the info they need to sink him.

doh!

Maybe...

That mess works

I know it works. Rust Cole gave us a prime example of how it works. I'm just not convinced that's what was going on…

I love a good True Detective reference in the morning :headbang:

(Thumbs u

doh!

Maybe...

That mess works

Even if they're not consciously doing good cop, if they treat him with respect while they ask their questions, they can get the info they need to sink him.

:wishluck:

doh!

Maybe...

That mess works

:wishluck:

Yup

And even if they're not trying to sink him bystanders can get the info they need then STRIKE

Reacting as if Daniel is some rare butterfly who''ll flit away at the slightest provacation won't produce better results imho.

As seen across a decade and many, many messageboards it seems sort of a modus operandi for the guy. Find a new community, work the percentages for "underdog" sympathies, drop a few kernels but never any nuggets. Drift away when the heat builds.

But, you know, that's just a pov based on observance and could be totally off the mark. Good luck with getting specific detailed responses this time around. :wishluck: There's a first time for everything.

Reacting as if Daniel is some rare butterfly who''ll flit away at the slightest provacation won't produce better results imho.

As seen across a decade and many, many messageboards it seems sort of a modus operandi for the guy. Find a new community, work the percentages for "underdog" sympathies, drop a few kernels but never any nuggets. Drift away when the heat builds.

But, you know, that's just a pov based on observance and could be totally off the mark. Good luck with getting specific detailed responses this time around. :wishluck: There's a first time for everything.

That could very well be what happens this time, too. But you won't know until you try, and keep in mind this is the first time in that location (with those people) for that.

That could very well be what happens this time, too. But you won't know until you try, and keep in mind this is the first time in that location (with those people) for that.

True, and what's very different now is the competition-landscape has changed significantly. Self-preservation needs may shake something loose.

True, and what's very different now is the competition-landscape has changed significantly. Self-preservation needs may shake something loose.

Do you really think Dan is going to come clean?The truth is far worse that what people are guessing at.

Do you really think Dan is going to come clean? The truth is far worse that what people are guessing at.

No. But if desperation calls for it, who knows. Never say never.

Do you really think Dan is going to come clean? The truth is far worse that what people are guessing at.

No. But if desperation calls for it, who knows. Never say never.

pm sent

PGX Dan finally provided a partial answer to whether or not Ryan Elliot is still associated with PGX (he did not answer the question of how recent this change is):

"Re: UPDATE: The PGX Story

Postby PGXguy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:44 pm

He is not a partner, co-owner or have any association with PGX in any capacity! You or anyone else will either believe this or you won't."

I have asked him the following:

Q: When did Ryan Elliot leave PGX?

Q: Has PGX considered a buy back program to remove Elliot tainted slabs from circulation?

Q: Why was one of your company personnel allowed to grade, slab, and sell their own books, as you know, that violates the core integrity of any grading company. How many years did Ryan Elliot engage in this practice?

Q: Are current employees or their families allowed to buy, sell, or submit PGX comics for grading?

PGX Dan finally responded to the above tonight, I suppose it was wishful thinking to imagine he would ever come clean, I'm done with the Qs, there is no point:

http://thecomicbookforum.com/forum/grading-and-restoration/pgx---professional-grading-experts/update-the-pgx-story-429?start=75

Excerpt:

-------

"Re: UPDATE: The PGX Story

by PGXguy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:48 pm

He never worked for PGX. He was supposed to become a grader a but it ended up not working out. He was an adviser for a time. He has nothing to do with PGX at all.

If we missed anything when grading a book that is on us, not on any customer. Under graded or over graded with pressing and a multitude of factors I cannot say based on a scan of a book in a case. If you feel we missed something anyone is always welcome to contact me directly. You can call us or talk to us at any show we attend.

I will work on making the company more transparent and open. Keep an open mind and I think you will see in the next 18 months what we are trying to fully become as a company. Lot of work ahead but we all believe we can do it.

Didn't begin to answer all questions and I apologize about that. I work a lot , am a full time single father and am battling a health condition so my time is very limited. I will try to be on and continue to try and participate.

Thank you all for your criticism, whether healthy or slightly aggressive. Haven't read a board in so long. I will try to take everything said and find areas where we can be a better company based on it.

Dan"

Open invitation to anyone attending Wizard World Chicago, if anyone is going and would like to take him up on this:

"PGX Dan wrote

I will be in Chicago tomorrow for the WWChicago con. ANYONE that is going to be there just shoot me an email through the pgxcomics.com website. Meet up with myself at the show and ask any questions you want."

http://www.thecomicbookforum.com/forum/grading-and-restoration/pgx---professional-grading-experts/update-the-pgx-story-429?start=125

That part about "you will see in the next 18 months" is pretty funny.

Just need another year and 1/2! :facepalm:

Seems a decade late and a reputation short, but who knows.

They've been in business for over a decade and have a grand total of 164 "likes" on FB. another recent edition to the thrid party grading market is already at 2,250. Maybe PGX is just pacing themselves.

(: