• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 CGC 5.5 on eBay yesterday

53 posts in this topic

Yesterday at about 4:30 I was browsing eBay and up popped an AF 15 CGC 5.5 with a BIN of about $6500.00.

I clicked on the listing to view it and make sure it was legit and not a PLOD and poof it was gone before I could hit BIN.

Who is the lucky guy who bought it? Hope it's a fellow boardie!

Great pick up if it's legit.

If I had seen it, I know exactly what I have done (did the same thing with a coverless cap #1 that came up sometime within the past year with a BIN of $1100)... I would not have believed what I was seeing, hesitated, then poof, then cry about it for months afterwards.

Honestly.... if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

Having said that, if it turns out to be on the up and up I'd cry myself to sleep for months.

Scam. Hijacked account. That will not be showing up in GPA. (At least not after they do their due diligence with ebay, though it is obviously a scam on its face and very common with big keys, AF 15 in particular).

-J.

for folks that don't understand why the scammers put such low prices...they do that to entice folks to "think" they don't know what they have, and to get them to react and buy (and pay) quickly (so someone doesn't come after and offer more, etc, and steal their "steal" out from under them), allowing greed to cloud common sense