• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you Restore…

52 posts in this topic

Conserve it. Leaf cast and leave it alone.

Resto will cost too much and won't be worth it in my opinion.

+1

This. Most of the damage is with the spine, and since the colours are already fairly faded/subtle the plain leaf casting without CT won't look totally out of place (and be much cheaper).

If you want a quote try Mike at http://herorestoration.net, he's done work for many on the boards and posts here often (I have two major books out to him right now and he has done lots of great work)

Conserve it. Leaf cast and leave it alone.

Resto will cost too much and won't be worth it in my opinion.

+1

This. Most of the damage is with the spine, and since the colours are already fairly faded/subtle the plain leaf casting without CT won't look totally out of place (and be much cheaper).

If you want a quote try Mike at http://herorestoration.net, he's done work for many on the boards and posts here often (I have two major books out to him right now and he has done lots of great work)

Mike already has the book (thumbs u

Guess it depends on the cost. Mike can tell you that and I can tell you that it will cost more if anyone else works on it. So Mike is going to be your best price.

I bet with a full resto job this book could get around 6.0. A restored 6.0 probably is worth about 2.5-3K. So just look at what you have in the book, at what Mike say's it will cost and what it's worth.

Are you guys kidding? Sometimes money isn't everything! He would be bringing an otherwise destroyed comic back to life,preserving (in my opinion) a piece of history.

Sometimes the mighty dollar shouldn't sway your opinion. 2c