• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI - Best Artists Ever... Ever
2 2

261 posts in this topic

You list is defiantly missing some people.

Even worse, that list has people that shouldn't be on it.

Had the title of the thread been, "My favorite artists" then there'd be no reason to find fault with the list.

Since that is not the case, the fact that Liefeld is listed is laughable. The name Liefeld and words "best artist" listed sequentially should never appear in a positive nature. Well, if the sentence was, "Rob Liefeld was the best artist in his 7th grade homeroom," then I guess you'd have an argument.

lol

Had the title of the thread been, "My favorite artists" then there'd be no reason to find fault with the list.

Since that is not the case, the fact that Liefeld is listed is laughable. The name Liefeld and words "best artist" listed sequentially should never appear in a positive nature. Well, if the sentence was, "Rob Liefeld was the best artist in his 7th grade homeroom," then I guess you'd have an argument.

You're just jealous of his talent, and are obviously motivated to trash Liefeld because of it.

:whistle:

It is possible my list is biased towards collectors born in the 80s onward :gossip:

I'm going to say the list is biased towards collectors born yesterday.

It is possible my list is biased towards collectors born in the 80s onward :gossip:

As well as Liefeld I'd question the choice of Jim Valentino.

From this time period, 80s onwards, how about Paul Smith, Tony Harris, Alex Ross, Travis Charest, Juan Gimenez, Matt Wagner, Steve Epting, Adam Hughes?

You're just jealous of his talent, and are obviously motivated to trash Liefeld because of it.

:sorry:

BOOM

McFarlane

Kieth Kirby

Silvestri Byrne

Liefeld Miller

Lee Kane

Larsen Adams

Valentino Raboy

Keown Kubert

Ottley Frazzetta

Jenkins Wrightson

Dragotta Perez

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Fixed it. :preach:

Your list is pretty sweet :cloud9:

From this time period, 80s onwards, how about Paul Smith, Tony Harris, Alex Ross, Travis Charest, Juan Gimenez, Matt Wagner, Steve Epting, Adam Hughes?

Epting :cloud9: His work on Velvet with Brubaker has been such a treat.

BOOM

McFarlane

Kieth Kirby

Silvestri Byrne

Liefeld Miller

Lee Kane

Larsen Adams

Valentino Raboy

Keown Kubert

Ottley Frazzetta

Jenkins Wrightson

Dragotta Perez

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Fixed it. :preach:

Your list is pretty sweet :cloud9:

Letting alone how nice Valentino as a person probably is, the most dazzling juxtaposition is Valentino / Mac Raboy! :D

Liefeld / Miller? hm

lol

That's right. You hide in shame, Liefeld hater!

Everybody knows you can't objectively critique art. Plus, he looks good in Levi's.

Win - Win

Damn you, and your sigline worthy quotes!

fist.gif

The Doc should get disinfested from Lady Death and Evil Ernie spores before making such statements… :insane:

That's right. You hide in shame, Liefeld hater!

Everybody knows you can't objectively critique art. Plus, he looks good in Levi's.

Win - Win

Those 501s SimonCowell.gif

Epting :cloud9: His work on Velvet with Brubaker has been such a treat.

Even early on you could tell that Epting had very strong visual storytelling ability, and he just got better and better.