• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #27 CGC 9.2
4 4

525 posts in this topic

There's a restored 9.4 that topples the lone 9.2 up till now as well.

It was at Chicago last weekend. I took a photo I'll post later on when I get a minute.

Awesome !

The restored 9.4 is my old restored 9.2 sold to carbo at New Orleans con this past feb. I've posted it on boards plenty of times :)

It was at Chicago last weekend. I took a photo I'll post later on when I get a minute.

Awesome !

The restored 9.4 is my old restored 9.2 sold to carbo at New Orleans con this past feb. I've posted it on boards plenty of times :)

So I take it they haven't sent in the old label.

Awesome !

So I take it they haven't sent in the old label.

I guess not.

It will not blow the AC1 out of the water, nor will it sell for 4M.

I wouldn't say never for anything regarding key comic prices, but I'd tend to agree. While Batman surpasses Superman in overall current popularity, Action #1 is an unequalled talisman in the collecting world, and it's image far more iconic. It is the grandaddy of all Superhero comic books, the book that launched the entire genre. Detective #27 is the first appearance of Batman. This is not an FF #1 vs. AF #15 scenario. Even collectors who have no interest in Superman feel a special awe when seeing an Action #1 in person, as if it were a Gutenberg bible or a copy of the Declaration of Independence, if I may be allowed a bit of hyperbole.

My guess is it will take more than the action 1 money to get this copy, assuming this copy is even made available hm

I'd estimate around 3.5-3.6 for the Tec 27.

my guess is that estimate would be low lol

My guess is it will take more than the action 1 money to get this copy, assuming this copy is even made available hm

I'd estimate around 3.5-3.6 for the Tec 27.

that estimate would be low lol

I properly guessed the AC1 sale.

Who was it that had this copy on display at Chicago?

I sold it to carbonaro so it was he who had it on display. And at sdcc too...and heroes con.

Which book are we talking about?

the restored 9.4 that was a restored 9.2

Who was it that had this copy on display at Chicago?

I sold it to carbonaro so it was he who had it on display. And at sdcc too...and heroes con.

Which book are we talking about?

the restored 9.4 that was a restored 9.2

My bad - I should have quoted the post I was referring to...