• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics #27 CGC 9.2
4 4

525 posts in this topic

Who was it that had this copy on display at Chicago?

I sold it to carbonaro so it was he who had it on display. And at sdcc too...and heroes con.

Which book are we talking about?

the restored 9.4 that was a restored 9.2

My bad - I should have quoted the post I was referring to...

Tim's too busy to read the entire thread and follow the questions :baiting:

I sold it to carbonaro so it was he who had it on display. And at sdcc too...and heroes con.

Which book are we talking about?

the restored 9.4 that was a restored 9.2

My bad - I should have quoted the post I was referring to...

Tim's too busy to read the entire thread and follow the questions :baiting:
Speaking of questions, this was a good one.

Is it one of the 8.0 copies now pressed and resubbed into a 9.2?

I am not sure how the existing 8.0 could be manipulated to a 9.2. So I would hazard a guess that "no" is the obvious answer

Also heritage still has their 8.0 available on their site. The other 8.0 I've not seen but it is still on census , so more "evidence" this is a newly graded copy

Since these two showed up at the same time... could the 9.2 be his too? hm

No

TecCensus_zps9e462c68.png

my guess is it'll go for 2-2.5 mil :)

I would actually think this would be a new record breaker. It's one of one in the Census ahead of an 8.0 and a missing book. It's either the 2nd or 3rd best copy known to exist and is a nine freakin' two which is pretty crazy for a golden age key. [/quote

it's three grades higher than the other book on the census so I'm sure it'll reach that number :)

I don't want to put you on the spot GAtor, but do you know anthing about this yet?

This is exciting times! :)

anything about what (shrug)

Any background info on this copy of tec27? You seemed sure it wasn't Darren's, and the hammer price should be higher than the last action1 9.0

:frin:

It will not blow the AC1 out of the water, nor will it sell for 4M.

I wouldn't say never for anything regarding key comic prices, but I'd tend to agree. While Batman surpasses Superman in overall current popularity, Action #1 is an unequalled talisman in the collecting world, and it's image far more iconic. It is the grandaddy of all Superhero comic books, the book that launched the entire genre. Detective #27 is the first appearance of Batman. This is not an FF #1 vs. AF #15 scenario. Even collectors who have no interest in Superman feel a special awe when seeing an Action #1 in person, as if it were a Gutenberg bible or a copy of the Declaration of Independence, if I may be allowed a bit of hyperbole.

+ 1. Action 1 will always be "THE" comic book of comic books!