• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Prince of the Silver Age

66 posts in this topic

That's a sweet deal right there Jay! (thumbs u

It'll be interesting to see what the SC4 CGC 8.5 MV copy sells for in November on CC. hm I predict ~$70K. ;)

After reviewing the recent publicly available sales trends I would have to say that hulk 1 is definitely THE #2 silver age book. It has made some ground on spidey but spiderman is still tops across all grade spectrums.

Showcase #4 is definitely the number 3 book with fantastic four #1 trailing the flash.

Books to watch in the next 12 months that are still grossly undervalued and have the most potential for hulk-style price growth:

Brave and bold 28

Avengers 1

Strange tales 110.

-J.

Dependent on overall structural presentation & page quality FF 1 CGC 9.0 should fetch roughly $100k - $110k, whilst Incredible Hulk 1 CGC 9.0 should garner in the $165k - $180k range.

Ok.

And what would a 9.0 in BB28 and SC4 fetch?

The almost never show up in those grades... so ?

Just checked.. there are only 5 copies of BB28 above 9,.0 in exsistence.... :o

Ok.. now that I'm checking, I'll check the rest too...

also only 5 copies of SC4 in exsistence... wow!

And wow - there are also only 5 copies of Hulk1 in exsistence. So also truely an incredibly hard book in high grades.

For FF1 there are 7. Very very scarce still.

In comparison there are 25 copies of Avengers 1 and 32 Xmen1 and 36 TOS39.

We cant say how many exist of any big Key w precision. I would not depend on any company database to answer that question. You could only say that X have been graded by CGC and even then the listings can be dups.

Dependent on overall structural presentation & page quality FF 1 CGC 9.0 should fetch roughly $100k - $110k, whilst Incredible Hulk 1 CGC 9.0 should garner in the $165k - $180k range.

Ok.

And what would a 9.0 in BB28 and SC4 fetch?

The almost never show up in those grades... so ?

Just checked.. there are only 5 copies of BB28 above 9,.0 in exsistence.... :o

Ok.. now that I'm checking, I'll check the rest too...

also only 5 copies of SC4 in exsistence... wow!

And wow - there are also only 5 copies of Hulk1 in exsistence. So also truely an incredibly hard book in high grades.

For FF1 there are 7. Very very scarce still.

In comparison there are 25 copies of Avengers 1 and 32 Xmen1 and 36 TOS39.

We cant say how many exist of any big Key w precision. I would not depend on any company database to answer that question. You could only say that X have been graded by CGC and even then the listings can be dups.

Of course, but that is implicit when we discuss these issues. We all know that.

I agree, but I think it's generally agreed that SC #4 is significantly rarer than any other key Silver Age book, with Hulk #1 probably being the rarest Marvel.