• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

looks like eBay is down again

45 posts in this topic

It's been down since approximately 6am; seems to be an issue with eBay US, eBay UK, eBay Aus and eBay CA too. Worldwide issue pretty much. Login issues again; I tried to login on my PC and mobile to no avail. System immediately logs out on mobile and can't even get to the sign in page on my PC.

I wonder if it's an internal issue or they're being hacked? I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter... Smh.

Several eBay sections have been down for hours. In particular sign-in issues, as well as API access used by developers. Reports of sections timing out. Site monitoring sites around the world are reporting mixed results, however users from all over the world are posting that they are having trouble with eBay.com, uk, etc.

Seems a pretty major problem.

I was reading some comments on one of the monitoring sites and a few posters noted they where redirected to a Russian website, so it could be hackers at work. Some other users reported issues with printing shipping labels so maybe eBay is doing updates to reflect new USPS shipping costs, but you'd think they'd have issued a prior notification if this was the case.

We'll know what the deal is soon enough, but it's sure nothing minor.

I find it pretty shocking such a huge site has almost weekly major outages now - and their communications with customers are non-existent

There seems to be no contingencies in place?

Do any of the board IT bods have an idea of why it takes so long to fix?