• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicconnect AF #15 fraud???

20 posts in this topic

this book was sold on Heritage 2/4/2011 as CGC 7.0

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-signature-series-marvel-1962-cgc-fn-vf-70-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7030-91098.s

then sold on Comicconnect 05/20/2014 as CGC 7.5

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=543965

now being offer as CGC 8.0 on comicconnect again???

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=570951

I wonder who pressed it the 2nd time and was able to re-press and add another .5 to the grade.

Sometimes it's not about making a book flatter. Sometimes it's just about the graders feeling differently about the book on a different day.

I wonder who pressed it the 2nd time and was able to re-press and add another .5 to the grade.

Sometimes it's not about making a book flatter. Sometimes it's just about the graders feeling differently about the book on a different day.

this

this

I have had books go up 2 full grades with nothing done to them. Just a crack and resubmission.

Very true.

But there's no question this book in its 8.0 incarnation looks better than when it was a 7.0 - looks like the pressing did what it was supposed to do.

How is this book able to retain the Signature Series label if it is being pressed and resubmitted? Is this not the same as the Hulk 1 that was resubmitted that I read on here sometime ago?

A book can be pressed after it has been signed. You cannot crack it out and just send it in to CGC. It has to be sent in to the presser in the CGC case. After being pressed the yellow label has to be included with the book and handed to CGC. I only know of two companies that can do that. CCS being one of them.

The Hulk 1 was not handled this way. The owner cracked it out himself. Which was a big no-no.

How is this book able to retain the Signature Series label if it is being pressed and resubmitted? Is this not the same as the Hulk 1 that was resubmitted that I read on here sometime ago?

A book can be pressed after it has been signed. You cannot crack it out and just send it in to CGC. It has to be sent in to the presser in the CGC case. After being pressed the yellow label has to be included with the book and handed to CGC. I only know of two companies that can do that. CCS being one of them.

The Hulk 1 was not handled this way. The owner cracked it out himself. Which was a big no-no.

Thank you for clarifying! If CCS is one company, do you know who the other company is? And will the census be adjusted accordingly?

Thank you for clarifying! If CCS is one company, do you know who the other company is? And will the census be adjusted accordingly?

I'm pretty sure he knows the other company quite intimately. ;)

The other company is CFP Comics - it's joey :gossip: