• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Really like it, but if it didn't have Killer Croc, I'd like it 1000X more. Looks really fun, and one wondered how to handle Harley, who beyond Deadpool is probably the most popular Big 2 comic character since Wolverine, and I think Margot has her own style but is embodying it. Love for the DC woman, with her and Gadot last night.

Wow!

By the looks of things, Suicide Squad promises to be a film filled with gif-able moments of Harley Quinn doing something 'YAAAS QUEEN'-y and Leto being the 'F-kin hottest Joker. Of. All. TIME.' and we'll all just sit here and let it happen. If you want to get a sense of how painfully embarrassing the band Queen can be in the context of an overblown picture about a bunch of costumed dilweeds then be sure to watch the above video.

Someone did not get their box of Cheerios this morning.

:ohnoez:

Wow!

By the looks of things, Suicide Squad promises to be a film filled with gif-able moments of Harley Quinn doing something 'YAAAS QUEEN'-y and Leto being the 'F-kin hottest Joker. Of. All. TIME.' and we'll all just sit here and let it happen. If you want to get a sense of how painfully embarrassing the band Queen can be in the context of an overblown picture about a bunch of costumed dilweeds then be sure to watch the above video.

Someone did not get their box of Cheerios this morning.

:ohnoez:

Marvel zombies are gonna hate......

So far the only thing I feel I can complain about is Harley's voice. She looks terrific as Harley but she's missing that "Hi Mista J!!!" with her New York type accent.

I'm actually really glad she doesn't have that accent. I don't think I could sit through two hours of that.

Superhero News going through reaction to Official Trailer #1, and a breakdown of what was shown.

And yes, two of the reviewers are heavy fans of DC Comics. So they are geeking a little.

:gossip: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Wait a minute.

suicide-squad-common-confirmed-as-green-lantern-s-nemesis-the-tattooed-man-green-lanter-450339.jpg

suicide-squad-common-confirmed-as-green-lantern-s-nemesis-the-tattooed-man-common-450278.jpg

The Tattooed Man? Common is supposed to be playing this role.

VpP7AhO.png

That could be him.

I'm leaning more towards this theory.

The third Tattooed Man first appeared in Green Lantern Vol. 4 #9. Mark Richards was a former U.S. Marine who went missing after a helicopter crash. He was presumed dead until he showed up in Gotham City as a hit man. He claimed that the tattoos covering his body were the sins of men he had killed, and that by the art of "sin-grafting", which he had learned from the nation of Modora, in which he takes the sins of others and puts them on himself, he claimed to be redeeming the men and women he killed. All his victims had tattoos of their sins.

He was eventually stopped by Green Lantern and Batman. In DC's Brightest Day event, Mark appears as a member of Deathstroke's new team of Titans. He is convinced to join by Deathstroke who offers to help him track down Slipknot, the person responsible for murdering his son.

A version of the character is associated with Slipknot.

My gut tells me this is going to be the BEST version of the Joker ever! Bring it home, Leto!

Hopefully, but this trailer didn't convince me of that. The teaser told me that it would be competitive with Ledger's performance--which is simply amazing--but the trailer didn't tell me much. All we saw was Joker laughing maniacally and doing vaguely evil stuff. (shrug)

Common Wreaks Havoc As Tattooed Man In ‘Suicide Squad’ Trailer

A7kUgv8.jpg

Z0LcAox.jpg

The above images are a little hard to make out, but it appears that the character causing all that crazy mayhem in the subway would be none other than Common’s Tattooed Man. You can make out some of his tattoos if you look closely enough, though it isn’t easy. While his ultimate role in the film’s plot remains to be seen, he’ll definitely get to have his villainous fun.

:whee: