• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

the movie is going to be a hit how big of a hit that depends on the film itself. I'm exticed for it and can't wait to see it and i know a lot of co-workers that didn't care much from the DC upcoming films are now really looking for to it.

+ 1

I was talking with some co-workers today about this movie because people see I have superhero posters around my desk. They wanted to know more about who Margot Robbie was playing, as they felt she was some nutty girl under another person's control acting the way she did.

They did find the Joker-Harley Quinn relationship interesting. But not about breaking her down to reform her to his liking.

Someone today did point out an article that noted where the movie may be referencing her origin (New 52's Suicide Squad #7, 2012).

uPqqWwM.jpg

That's dumb. So they made her origin exactly the same as Joker's? Ugh. Her origin in the animated series was much better.

the movie is going to be a hit how big of a hit that depends on the film itself. I'm exticed for it and can't wait to see it and i know a lot of co-workers that didn't care much from the DC upcoming films are now really looking for to it.

+ 1

I was talking with some co-workers today about this movie because people see I have superhero posters around my desk. They wanted to know more about who Margot Robbie was playing, as they felt she was some nutty girl under another person's control acting the way she did.

They did find the Joker-Harley Quinn relationship interesting. But not about breaking her down to reform her to his liking.

Someone today did point out an article that noted where the movie may be referencing her origin (New 52's Suicide Squad #7, 2012).

uPqqWwM.jpg

That's dumb. So they made her origin exactly the same as Joker's? Ugh. Her origin in the animated series was much better.

+1

Harley Quinn's origin is the best and probably only really interesting (i.e. "good") story that has been penned for the character.

-J.

Well, now that I've seen both sides I can see the good and the bad with each.

I guess with the New 52, they were trying to convey she always had a dark side. The Joker was the catalyst to make her finally reveal this openly.

(shrug)

For the people saying there's too many characters to flesh out, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure at least a couple will be fodder to emphasize the Suicide in Suicide Squad.

Absolutely. I've been paying only a small amount of attention to this movie relative to the Marvel releases this year and to me, it feels like it's going to be a Deadshot/Harley Quinn/Joker movie, with the rest of the characters existing for smaller character arcs that will likely end with most of them dead or defecting (which actually would be kind of cool!)

For the people saying there's too many characters to flesh out, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure at least a couple will be fodder to emphasize the Suicide in Suicide Squad.

Agreed. I'd guess more than one is not going to make it to the end of the movie, and one would be pretty early to emphasize the nature of the Suicide Squad and to emphasize that yes, while they are obviously insane, the government is putting them in a terminal situation.

You know, I wonder if Deadshot lasts. While I definitely see why you'd want Will Smith in your universe, is he a guy that's up for potential multiple movies and signed a multi-picture deal? I'd like to say yes, because these are the type of films I think his charisma comes out in (Independence Day, Bad Boys).

That said, I think if Will Smith is killed that's an angle nobody would see coming.

For those that had a chance to watch Batman: Assault On Arkham, Amanda Waller does end up using one member to teach the rest she is serious about the nano-bombs implanted in their necks. He challenges her, and goes to walk off in front of the entire squad.

KGBeast

4UxgL79.png

I just assumed by default we'll see this in the live movie as well.

David Ayer gets first dibs on the early merchandise releases. He revealed a Suicide Squad collectible figurine of Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn.

harley-166815.jpg

I like it, will add it to my Harley statue collection!

Kevin Smith Gives His Daughter Harley Quinn's Bat From Suicide Squad

Harley Quinn Smith posted a photo of the Suicide Squad movie prop, along with this elated message. "Instagram will slowly just become pictures of me crying tears of joy. Today the impossible became possible; my dad gave me Harley Quinn's bat from Suicide Squad with a certificate of authenticity," Smith's daughter gushed. "I'm not joking when I say I cried for an hour. Life is a beautiful, magical thing. I was coincidentally also wearing this sweater. ONE STEP CLOSER TO PLAYING HARLEY QUINN I WILL MAKE YOU PROUD MARGOT."

harleyquinnbaseballbatsuicidesquad-166888.jpg

I heard those Smiths are a weepy bunch anyway.

(:

Yep,this is going to be huge. Most non-comic book people I know are more looking forward to Suicide Squad,than BVS! :o

Yep,this is going to be huge. Most non-comic book people I know are more looking forward to Suicide Squad,than BVS! :o

I agree. I have friends who have never read a comic talk to me about this movie.

That last trailer did it.

I agree. I have friends who have never read a comic talk to me about this movie.

That last trailer did it.

Tell them they should go out and buy up every copy of Legends #3 that I will be listing between now and the movie release please. lol