• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Karen Fukahara Wants to Explore Katanas Past in Suicide Squad 2

aLO2bjh.png

Speaking at a Q&A panel at Rose City Comic Con, Karen Fukahara said that she would like to further explore Katanas past in a Suicide Squad sequel or solo film. Fukahara was asked about what she would like to see Katana do next and said that she wants to explore the characters past as depicted in the comic books.

I would love that, she said about the possibility of reprising the role. For the first movie I think we did a really good job of showing snippets of each characters past and history, but it was just a glimpse. And for the sequel Id like to show a lot more about her relationship with Soutaker, her sword, and her relationship with her husband and where she came from.

She had a lot of praise for her castmates during the panel, saying Margot Robbie lived and breathed the character of Harley Quinn and that Will Smith was a leader among the cast members. She added that she didnt know that Ezra Miller would be appearing as The Flash in the film, and her publicist had asked her if he was and she said No, not knowing until she saw the final cut that she was wrong.

And this was her first acting experience? Wow!

Wow? She barely did/said anything!

:baiting:

And I ended up liking her more than Croc, Boomerang, Enchantress, and Slipknot combined.

Yep.

Slipknot... Was only there to demo the exploding head device :/

aLO2bjh.png

Speaking at a Q&A panel at Rose City Comic Con, Karen Fukahara said that she would like to further explore Katanas past in a Suicide Squad sequel or solo film. Fukahara was asked about what she would like to see Katana do next and said that she wants to explore the characters past as depicted in the comic books.

I would love that, she said about the possibility of reprising the role. For the first movie I think we did a really good job of showing snippets of each characters past and history, but it was just a glimpse. And for the sequel Id like to show a lot more about her relationship with Soutaker, her sword, and her relationship with her husband and where she came from.

She had a lot of praise for her castmates during the panel, saying Margot Robbie lived and breathed the character of Harley Quinn and that Will Smith was a leader among the cast members. She added that she didnt know that Ezra Miller would be appearing as The Flash in the film, and her publicist had asked her if he was and she said No, not knowing until she saw the final cut that she was wrong.

And I ended up liking her more than Croc, Boomerang, Enchantress, and Slipknot combined.

Yep.

I know, but he was allegedly the best climber in the world or something. They should have let him climb and make a fantastic escape first, show off his skills. Then blow him up. And maybe give him just the smallest amount of backstory, so we care a little first. But I know, no time due to the edit, which is hard to believe since DC has never had that problem before and Warners has so little movie experience that there's no way to no ahead of time how much -script will fit into a given movie as it regards to running time.

aLO2bjh.png

Yep.

I know, but he was allegedly the best climber in the world or something. They should have let him climb and make a fantastic escape first, show off his skills. Then blow him up. And maybe give him just the smallest amount of backstory, so we care a little first. But I know, no time due to the edit, which is hard to believe since DC has never had that problem before and Warners has so little movie experience that there's no way to no ahead of time how much -script will fit into a given movie as it regards to running time.

Now that would have been superb! A dramatic escape ending in *bang*.

As much as I like the movie, I do think Slipknot was a bit of a let down.

aLO2bjh.png

Yep.

I was fine with it. Slipknot is a lameazz character to begin with.

aLO2bjh.png

Yep.

I was fine with it. Slipknot is a lameazz character to begin with.

He was just there for the head *bang* ...

Speaking of which, every time his name is mentioned, all I can think of is a bunch of guys in masks and boiler suits, playing "metal" ...

Ummm...Suicide Squad just did a big leap forward with Thursday's numbers due to Japan's results plus regular run rate. And that isn't even reflecting a domestic box office Thursday yet.

IM4CvuU.png

3vWL0IK.png

Ummm...Japan right now is at $6.6MM, and it only opened on 9/10.

Umm...Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen did more than $400 million domestic & an additional $400 million internationally.

And, like Suicide Squad, it still sucked donkey balls.

And, Age of Ultron did even better, but it did and still sucks horse balls. (shrug)

Civil War was not great either, but did awesome at the box office.

Edited by kimik

No -- that's just evidence of excitement that

a) it was different (for a superhero film) and

b) it featured some cool characters we've not seen before (Deadshot, Harley Quinn) for the first time.

My hatred for the film lies in its missed opportunity. It would have been _so_ easy to make this into a ridiculously good $1 billion dollar blockbuster.

Instead, we get a great first 20 minutes, followed by an hour of walking around a burnt-out cityscape at night, occasionally fighting lame zombies.

It played like a weak mash-up of the final 15 minutes of Edge of Tomorrow crossed with a weak-sauce PG-13 version of Judge Dredd.

And that's before we get to:

- the lame CGI lava man villain

- inconsistent pacing (pointed out by a review that noted, correctly, "most scenes could be put in a blender without noticeably affecting the story")

- the need for the Suicide Squad in the first place, given that they were always accompanied by a platoon of soldiers

- Zero notable power plays from half the squad (i.e., Slipknot, Boomerang, and Rick Flag)

- ridiculous finale where Harley Quinn takes out the Enchantress

Just because it's been fairly popular doesn't mean it's good. And the most frustrating thing is how easily they _could_ have made it good.

Ummm...you actually took the time to restate the things you dislike about this movie? Ummm...it was clear long before now you disliked it.

:insane:

I wouldn't get so frustrated over this. This movie was created before Geoff Johns' new role. I bet things will be different going forward.

Umm...Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen did more than $400 million domestic & an additional $400 million internationally.

And, Age of Ultron did even better, but it did and still sucks horse balls. (shrug)

Of the top comic movie earners, I still think Iron Man 3 is the most undeserving. AoU was okay. I liked Civil War. I wouldn't watch Iron Man 3 again if you paid me. It had nothing in common with the comic character that I grew up loving and don't get me started on the "villain". That movie was a giant middle finger to comic fans IMHO.

Edited by rjrjr

Of the top comic movie earners, I still think Iron Man 3 is the most undeserving. AoU was okay. I liked Civil War. I wouldn't watch Iron Man 3 again if you paid me. It had nothing in common with the comic character that I grew up loving and don't get me started on the "villain". That movie was a giant middle finger to comic fans IMHO.

I had never read the Extremis storyline from Warren Ellis. But if they had followed this more closely, Iron Man 3 would be a massive classic versus just a massive financial hit with many regrets.

I don't understand why some have such passion to bash the DCEU movies - I find them outstanding and only getting better with time.

There will always be people who don't like it, but $700M at the box office without even a China contribution says a lot!

I think the comment about the movie doing $1B+ easy if it were done differently is a huge reach. With respect, this is a no name title with few well known actors (will smith may be A list, I don't know, but many blockbusters feature multiple names!). And yet - $700M under its belt and on the way to a $750 cume.

Yet here we get posts like

- it's probably still losing money

- it should have done a billion

- it sucked and the box office is irrelevant

I just don't get it....... (shrug)

What I cared most about was the movies did well enough that the momentum would continue so we could get more of these great movies. And I don't think that's debateable at this point!!

WW movie

JLA movie

MOS 2

Bats solo

Green lantern

JLA2

+ others

AWESOME :whee: :whee:

So with only $5.8MM to match Captain America: The Winter Soldier I am thinking Suicide Squad will achieve that by the latest Monday. Depending on what the international box office brings.

Especially with this being Week 2 for Japan. It should be interesting.

Friday Box Office: 'Sully' Tops Again, 'Suicide Squad' And 'Don't Breathe' Hold Strong

In holdover news, Sully earned $6.57 million to top the box office yet again. The Clint Eastwood-directed drama, starring Tom Hanks as Chesley Sullenberger, fell 46% on its second Friday, a drop slightly higher than Captain Phillips (-40%) and Bridge of Spies (-38%). Nonetheless, the $60m drama will earn around $22m (-39%) for an over/under $70m ten-day cume. Screen Gems and Sony’s Don’t Breathe continued to pull incredible legs for a horror film, earning $1.65m (-32%) on its fourth Friday for a likely $5.5m weekend (-33%) and $75m domestic cume.

And Suicide Squad continues to rewrite the rulebook on post-second weekend legs, as the DC Comics caper earned $1.18m (-19%) for a likely $4.4m (-22%) seventh weekend and $313.5m cume, just past Iron Man 2 ($312m in 2010 and in 2D).