• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Finally?

It's already lost 1/3 of its screens.

But yes - I reckon that with its finishing outside the top 3 this weekend, and with 3 mid-level new releases (Snowden, Blair Witch & Bridget Jones 3) coming out, we'll see a large theater drop-off as theaters make room & it drops outside the top 5.

yeah DC is ready to pull the plug on all these super-hero movies

Who's saying this?

Actually, there was the rumor this weekend that DC has pulled the plug on the solo Cyborg movie that had been slated for 2020.

Given that Marvel nixed Inhumans and DC's nixed Justice League II (waiting to see how the first one does, at least), I wouldn't be surprised if they're adopting a bit of a "wait and see" attitude until they know how the next 5 films perform first.

Finally?

It's already lost 1/3 of its screens.

It's been holding better than it's predacessors.

SSquad has been losing 200-300 theaters a week. BvS was losing like 500-800 a week in the same time frame (weeks 1-5).

After 6 weeks it still is in over 3k theaters...

After 6 weeks BvS was already down to 2300 theaters after starting in 4200+

It's almost holding in line with GotG, but I think this week we'll see the dip and it'll start to drop off at a faster rate than GoTG did... but I could be wrong.

Scott Mendelson doesn't mention once how he dislikes this movie.

:o

Box Office: 'Suicide Squad' Tops $700 Million Worldwide

The “final” numbers are out, and it looks like Suicide Squad indeed topped the $700 million mark at the worldwide box office this weekend. Thanks to a robust domestic hold (-42% in weekend five) and a $3.8m debut in Japan, the DC Comics supervillain caper has now earned $307.5m in North America and $392.6m overseas. That gives the David Ayer movie a new $700.1m global cume.

It is the second-biggest August release ever behind only Guardians of the Galaxy ($333 million domestic/$773m worldwide). It passed Independence Day in domestic grosses yesterday ($306m back in 1996) to become Will Smith’s biggest hit ever in North America, although the $817m worldwide cume is a bridge much too far.

Oh, and with a $133.6 million opening weekend, its multiplier (2.3x) is now leggier than Captain America: Civil War ($408m divided by $179m = 2.28x), although obviously the opening and closing figures are bigger. And that’s pretty much where we are at this point. I’d still like to dig around and see how unusual it is for a movie to fall that hard on weekend two and yet still hold out for the next few weeks.

Will Smith finally broke his Domestic Box Office record.

$750 might be a stretch, but $730-$740 seems within reach. Such a shame about china, this movie would have come within striking distance of BvS!

$750 isn't that big a stretch. BvS opened to $3,288,349 in Japan & ended with $16,531,874. SS opened to $3.6 & could reach $20+. I think they could bring in another $50 - $60 million with Japan, especially if weekly ticket sales keep dropping this slowly.

BTW, that is one awesome Sups collection.

I just got back from seeing Suicide Squad and I have to say it was GREAT. I don't know what the hell the critics were on when they saw it, maybe Marvel Kool Aid or something, but the reviews I read had nothing to do with the film I saw.

Yesterday I saw Sully and damn if Clint Eastwood ain't the man. Him and Hanks made a super film. Go see it.

Karen Fukahara Wants to Explore Katana’s Past in Suicide Squad 2

aLO2bjh.png

Speaking at a Q&A panel at Rose City Comic Con, Karen Fukahara said that she would like to further explore Katana’s past in a Suicide Squad sequel or solo film. Fukahara was asked about what she would like to see Katana do next and said that she wants to explore the character’s past as depicted in the comic books.

“I would love that,” she said about the possibility of reprising the role. “For the first movie I think we did a really good job of showing snippets of each character’s past and history, but it was just a glimpse. And for the sequel I’d like to show a lot more about her relationship with Soutaker, her sword, and her relationship with her husband and where she came from.”

She had a lot of praise for her castmates during the panel, saying Margot Robbie “lived and breathed the character” of Harley Quinn and that Will Smith was a leader among the cast members. She added that she didn’t know that Ezra Miller would be appearing as The Flash in the film, and her publicist had asked her if he was and she said “No,” not knowing until she saw the final cut that she was wrong.

And this was her first acting experience? Wow!

Karen Fukahara Wants to Explore Katana’s Past in Suicide Squad 2

aLO2bjh.png

Speaking at a Q&A panel at Rose City Comic Con, Karen Fukahara said that she would like to further explore Katana’s past in a Suicide Squad sequel or solo film. Fukahara was asked about what she would like to see Katana do next and said that she wants to explore the character’s past as depicted in the comic books.

“I would love that,” she said about the possibility of reprising the role. “For the first movie I think we did a really good job of showing snippets of each character’s past and history, but it was just a glimpse. And for the sequel I’d like to show a lot more about her relationship with Soutaker, her sword, and her relationship with her husband and where she came from.”

She had a lot of praise for her castmates during the panel, saying Margot Robbie “lived and breathed the character” of Harley Quinn and that Will Smith was a leader among the cast members. She added that she didn’t know that Ezra Miller would be appearing as The Flash in the film, and her publicist had asked her if he was and she said “No,” not knowing until she saw the final cut that she was wrong.

Wow? She barely did/said anything!

:baiting:

Karen Fukahara Wants to Explore Katanas Past in Suicide Squad 2

aLO2bjh.png

Speaking at a Q&A panel at Rose City Comic Con, Karen Fukahara said that she would like to further explore Katanas past in a Suicide Squad sequel or solo film. Fukahara was asked about what she would like to see Katana do next and said that she wants to explore the characters past as depicted in the comic books.

I would love that, she said about the possibility of reprising the role. For the first movie I think we did a really good job of showing snippets of each characters past and history, but it was just a glimpse. And for the sequel Id like to show a lot more about her relationship with Soutaker, her sword, and her relationship with her husband and where she came from.

She had a lot of praise for her castmates during the panel, saying Margot Robbie lived and breathed the character of Harley Quinn and that Will Smith was a leader among the cast members. She added that she didnt know that Ezra Miller would be appearing as The Flash in the film, and her publicist had asked her if he was and she said No, not knowing until she saw the final cut that she was wrong.

Wow? She barely did/said anything!

:baiting:

And I ended up liking her more than Croc, Boomerang, Enchantress, and Slipknot combined.

I just got back from seeing Suicide Squad and I have to say it was GREAT. I don't know what the hell the critics were on when they saw it, maybe Marvel Kool Aid or something, but the reviews I read had nothing to do with the film I saw...

(thumbs u