• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Ummm...I'm going to assume Japan will be more on the high side of recent comic book results.

JAPAN TODAY: Harley Quinn cosplay spreading across Japan ahead of 'Suicide Squad' release

Despite complaints about the -script’s pacing and tone, “Suicide Squad” can at least boast cool action scenes and stylish characters, and Japan can be pretty forgiving of a movie as long as it has those last two elements.

As such, the mood surrounding the film in Japan remains optimistic ahead of its Sept 10 general release date. And what better symbol for smiling brightly in the midst of a potentially dark situation than “Suicide Squad” member Harley Quinn, who’s seeing a spike in her cosplay popularity in Japan?

IfxuC70.png

Japan seems to have taken a real shine to Miss Quinn, and it’s not too hard to guess why. Characters with girlish looks who are also tough-as-nails combat experts have been showing up in anime and manga for years. Add in Harley’s unswerving, occasionally violent devotion to the Joker, a villain who may or may not actually care about her at all, and you’ve even got a potential parallel to anime’s obsessive yandere characters.

Plus the cast is making sure to appear on local shows and events.

I saw Star Wars: Episode 1 the night it premiered in Shinjuku.

2.5 hours waiting in line, crazy 40 page glossy Japanese Playbill. The Japanese take their genre films seriously.

All that radiation over there was bound to have some weird side effects.

:fear:

I saw Star Wars: Episode 1 the night it premiered in Shinjuku.

2.5 hours waiting in line, crazy 40 page glossy Japanese Playbill. The Japanese take their genre films seriously.

All that radiation over there was bound to have some weird side effects.

:fear:

SmileyInsane.gif

yeah DC is ready to pull the plug on all these super-hero movies

Who's saying this?

There was an article in one of the other DC movie threads about how the Batman movie could be the end depending on how JL ans Wonder Woman do

I said it half joking because of how much everyone complains about DC but they are making money and that's all they care about. I doubt they will cancel any of the movies going forward

Anyone else notice that two non-Marvel made movies made a ton of cash?

Suicide Squad(Warner) 700 million.

Deadpool(Fox) 782 million.

To make it even more interesting.

Neither had the China bump. :o

I guess Marvel isn`t the only game in town anymore when it comes to making super hero movies? hm

Mark Hughes from Forbes.com providing some forecast estimates for a final number. I think the '#MATH' comments have come from articles his fellow contributor Scott Mendelson has written previously about Suicide Squad being a potential flop, and that Batman will be the last chance for the DCEU to move forward.

hDR4A2G.png

Especially since Mendelson had to admit over time people were flocking to this film, no matter what the critics had to say. Although he would throw out another 'I disliked this movie' comment with each release.

Mark Hughes from Forbes.com providing some forecast estimates for a final number. I think the '#MATH' comments have come from articles his fellow contributor Scott Mendelson has written previously about Suicide Squad being a potential flop, and that Batman will be the last chance for the DCEU to move forward.

hDR4A2G.png

Especially since Mendelson had to admit over time people were flocking to this film, no matter what the critics had to say. Although he would throw out another 'I disliked this movie' comment with each release.

he puts "math" because he's mathematically challenged. it's at $307MM+ domestic after $5.6MM weekend, it's mathematically impossible for it to finish w/ only $313MM. #mathishard

hDR4A2G.png

he puts "math" because he's mathematically challenged. it's at $307MM+ domestic after $5.6MM weekend, it's mathematically impossible for it to finish w/ only $313MM. #mathishard

I think you missed the '+' at the very right of the number.

#PLUSMEANSMORETHAN

:baiting: