• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I'm surprised this is doing so well. Saw it, didn't hate it but wouldn't watch it again. I'd watch a directors cut only if it promised more Joker since he got short-changed. Will Smith annoyed me with how badly he wanted me to care about him.

Did you enjoy Man of Steel at all?

Based on current estimates, though when international box office results have not been updated yet.

$675MM

I just read the Hollywood Reporter update.

Box Office: 'Don't Breathe' Winning with Huge $19M, But Plenty of Labor Day Casualties

Overall, summer 2016 domestic revenue is in a dead heat with last year's $4.48 billion, which marked the second-best showing after 2013.

Warner Bros.' Suicide Squad is another strong holdover, claiming the No. 2 spot over the Labor Day holiday as it jumps the $300 million mark domestically in its fifth weekend. The anti-superhero film grossed $10 million for the three days, putting it on course for a four-day holiday take of $13.7 million. Overseas, the movie earned another $11.8 million from 65 territories as it winds down for a foreign total of $375.5 million.

e0zp1yw.png

Not bad!

Or, if it were a Disney/Marvel movie, maybe they would have hired some decent writers and it would have been _good_.

Whine about Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor all you want, he was lightyears ahead of Zombie-CGI-LavaMan.

If this was a Disney/marvel movie it would have done a billion
outside of the cap, iron man, and avengers. I don't think it would have done a billion most of the other Disney/Marvel movies only do this much if they're lucky enough.

outside of the cap, iron man, and avengers. I don't think it would have done a billion most of the other Disney/Marvel movies only do this much if they're lucky enough.

Why you...you...realist you!

:sumo:

:baiting:

Why you...you...realist you!

:sumo:

:baiting:

lol

giphy.gif

How much did that Chinese box office banning take out of the pie for Suicide Squad?

Suicide Squad Passes Guardians of the Galaxy's Foreign Box Office (Minus China)

Guardians of the Galaxy made a total foreign box office gross of $440,135,799. Taking out the $96,470,000 from China leaves $343,665,799.

Suicide Squad's foreign total stands at $375,500,000 (as of 9/4).

Regarding why China banned Suicide Squad, it may have something to do with the fact that the villain of Suicide Squad was Enchantress. China doesn't allow movies to be played that feature witches, spirits, ghosts, etc, and that was also the reason Ghostbusters wasn't allowed in China.

Suicide Squad box offfice:

Domestic: $297,422,209

Foreign: $375,500,000

Worldwide: $672,922,209

Ouch!

I'm surprised this is doing so well. Saw it, didn't hate it but wouldn't watch it again. I'd watch a directors cut only if it promised more Joker since he got short-changed. Will Smith annoyed me with how badly he wanted me to care about him.

Did you enjoy Man of Steel at all?

Loved MoS.

So 1:3 right now for you.

:foryou:

mFlAI1z.png

this guy is completely clueless. going to add $10MM domestic. it did $10MM this weekend and will do $3mm tomorrow. the only chance it only adds $10MM domestic from here is if North American movie theaters go on strike for the next month. GOTG added nearly $60MM domestic from this point forward. SS is running 40% behind GOTG on a daily basis currently. math is hard for this guy.

Just saw the movie. I can see why Harley will get a movie, but the rest of the show was pretty bad. DC must have a rule where they can't show a film sequence in broad daylight for more than 20 seconds.

mFlAI1z.png

this guy is completely clueless. going to add $10MM domestic. it did $10MM this weekend and will do $3mm tomorrow. the only chance it only adds $10MM domestic from here is if North American movie theaters go on strike for the next month. GOTG added nearly $60MM domestic from this point forward. SS is running 40% behind GOTG on a daily basis currently. math is hard for this guy.

That's why he said "Minimum."

mFlAI1z.png

That's why he said "Minimum."

Exactly! In other words, $700MM is guaranteed at this point. But I guess the only movie analysts and critics that do have a clue are those that write negative reviews.

doh!

Suicide Squad Enters Top 100 Highest Grossing Movies Of All Time At Worldwide Box Office

Despite a critical backlash, Suicide Squad continues to silence its naysayers with a stellar box office pull. The film opened to a record-breaking $260 million before a sudden slump derailed it the next weekend. However, the plunge leveled out, allowing the film to gross over $600 million worldwide by the end of August thanks to a healthy overseas reaction. Now, Suicide Squad can call itself a peer to other lucrative titles like Star Wars and Harry Potter. The super-villain flick has officially entered the Top 100 Highest-Grossing Movies of All Time at the worldwide box office.

At number 92, Suicide Squad has earned over $672 million internationally. It wasn’t long ago director David Ayer took to Twitter to thank fans for helping Suicide Squad hit $600 million worldwide. Ayer posted his thanks on August 25 which means the film has earned over $60 million in 10 days. That’s not too shabby for a film with a 26% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

FO74pRb.png

Suicide Squad makes me think of the pet rock.

Wonder why? hm

Haven't seen it yet, but I have to say with every inferior installment in a franchise, it can hurt the original (the foundation.)

Let's be honest. Man of Steel wasn't the strongest foundation either.

It wasn't like Jaws, Alien, Psycho or Halloween, where numerous outings couldn't hurt the original's impact. For me, Batman v Superman, really hurt MoS's initial impact as they needed a new tone and by the sounds of SS, it's more of the same.

I'm almost afraid to watch it.

mFlAI1z.png

I've heard from some industry types that the budget on the film was closer to $225MM (including extensive re-shoots and post-production) with another ~$175MM spent on a nearly year long, non-stop marketing campaign. If this is correct , that would put Warners investment at about $400MM and it would explain why they still are not crowing, even at the prospect of a $700MM total gross, and continue to remain mum on sequels, spinoffs and whatever.

-J.