• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

My gut tells me this is going to be the BEST version of the Joker ever! Bring it home, Leto!

16jophz.jpg

My gut tells me the complete opposite, and that he's going to be the weak link of the movie. If he's the best part of the movie, then this film will really suck.

CDZot3_VUMAAC3_JT_jpg_large.jpg

I wasn't in on the design at first, but people have to remember than when Ledger's Joker debuted EVERYBODY hated it on the net for a week. It was the literally the worst thing ever until the movie debuted and Ledger took Jack Nicholson's performance and mess on it.

Leto is fantastic actor and I doubt he took a weak role. Ledger's performance is one for the ages but NOBODY was buying going in. Remember who Ledger was before he took that role? We now view him as legendary but he hardly had the rep going in.

None of this means anything it could suck, the movie could suck, but the trailer looks great (except Killer Croc).

I think DC has had as perfect a week it could have had. I also think Star Wars pushing back the very next day stole the headlines.

My gut tells me the complete opposite, and that he's going to be the weak link of the movie. If he's the best part of the movie, then this film will really suck.

I said Leto will be the BEST version of The Joker ever, not the best part of the movie. Don't get it twisted, "brah."

If Leto turns out to be the best version of Joker we've ever seen, then surely he will be the best part of the movie (in a good way!). Ledger completely stole TDK, and was the best part of that movie.

Surpassing Nicholson and Ledger as the Joker is a pipe dream at this point.

The only thing this trailer confirmed is that the movie is an over-bloated mess with too many cosplaying actors who are trying way too hard.

You must be in the wrong thread, this ain't The Civil War thread, bro!

lol Yes I could copy and paste the same comment in the BvS thread as well.

Suicide Squad just has the additional misfortune of being the last one of its type to be released this year, and being (over) populated by characters that are largely unknown to the general movie going public.

-J.

I wasn't in on the design at first, but people have to remember than when Ledger's Joker debuted EVERYBODY hated it on the net for a week. It was the literally the worst thing ever until the movie debuted and Ledger took Jack Nicholson's performance and mess on it.

I thought Ledger looked incredible when I first saw him as the Joker. Then the trailer came, and I was sold. Then the movie came, and I was convinced.

Different strokes for sure. For me, I felt more positive about the movie after seeing that trailer.

I actually feel very positive about it. I'm just incredibly disappointed with what they did to the Joker, mainly his appearance. If you don't have the right look, no amount of amazing acting can make up for it.

Different strokes for sure. For me, I felt more positive about the movie after seeing that trailer.

I actually feel very positive about it. I'm just incredibly disappointed with what they did to the Joker, mainly his appearance. If you don't have the right look, no amount of amazing acting can make up for it.

I'm not big on the 'Damaged' tattoo across the forehead. But I am hoping because Leto was so deep into this role it turns out to be a wise move. We'll know in a few months.

:wishluck:

I'm not big on the 'Damaged' tattoo across the forehead. But I am hoping because Leto was so deep into this role it turns out to be a wise move. We'll know in a few months.

:wishluck:

I think his entire appearance is unfortunate, because Leto has the right look to pull off an ideal Joker, but damn, they went overboard.

Grills? Really? :facepalm:

I think his entire appearance is unfortunate, because Leto has the right look to pull off an ideal Joker, but damn, they went overboard.

Could have been worse.

11420942_888798931185679_390609758_n.jpg

The Joker with a mouth tattoo on the back of his hand, and he only speaks when the hand is in front of his face and moves slightly to imitate speaking.

(:

Ledger completely stole TDK, and was the best part of that movie.

Surpassing Nicholson and Ledger as the Joker is a pipe dream at this point.

And I thought Ledger's Joker was a pale, crusty, dumpster-diving imitation of Nicholson's interpretation!

If Leto turns out to be the best version of Joker we've ever seen, then surely he will be the best part of the movie (in a good way!).

Bro-Heineken, the best part of this movie will be this, bro-slice...(!)

2myyuit.jpg

0trbvn8gzjyynfjg.gif

I thought Ledger looked incredible when I first saw him as the Joker. Then the trailer came, and I was sold. Then the movie came, and I was convinced.

Yea, the buzz was out about his performance before he even died. I remember regretting that he'd never get to play Joker again long before the movie came out just based upon how well people were saying he had played the role.

Could have been worse.

11420942_888798931185679_390609758_n.jpg

The Joker with a mouth tattoo on the back of his hand, and he only speaks when the hand is in front of his face and moves slightly to imitate speaking.

(:

That's not far from it! lol