• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 in sales thread with half front cover reproduction

15 posts in this topic

What does it matter what CGC gives it or what the seller is asking for it? It is what it is - a remainder copy. It might not be up everyone's alley, but it's better than coverless and the parts that are there are in a lot better condition than most 1.0 to 2.0s.

If I'm going to drop that big chunk of change on a book, I'm going to go for a complete copy; just my opinion of course.

The 2.0 presents nice... but I share similar concerns that Dove pointed out. On the flip side, the book is getting out of my range in any of the lower grades. Could have had an old label 3.0 (which of course looked much nicer than the grade)earlier in the year, but at the time I was just a tad short on cash for what the seller wanted. Perhaps I'm still a bit butt-hurt over that deal and it's affecting my judgment on the copies that have popped up lately.

Good luck on your decision making.

If I'm going to drop that big chunk of change on a book, I'm going to go for a complete copy; just my opinion of course.

The 2.0 presents nice... but I share similar concerns that Dove pointed out. On the flip side, the book is getting out of my range in any of the lower grades. Could have had an old label 3.0 (which of course looked much nicer than the grade)earlier in the year, but at the time I was just a tad short on cash for what the seller wanted. Perhaps I'm still a bit butt-hurt over that deal and it's affecting my judgment on the copies that have popped up lately.

Good luck on your decision making.

I'm agreeing with you that I would also want a complete copy, even if it's in a lower grade.

My decision was made before I posted this post but I just wanted to hear other's feeling on the book.

Why are you guys bashing this board members sale? Some would just find it incredible to own a copy at all,maybe even a perfect resto project. (shrug)

Not bashing it at all!! Just wondering how people feel about a book in this condition!

You should buy a copy of the book that is going to make YOU happy. Who cares what other people think. ;)

Why are you guys bashing this board members sale? Some would just find it incredible to own a copy at all,maybe even a perfect resto project. (shrug)

Not bashing it at all!! Just wondering how people feel about a book in this condition!

You should buy a copy of the book that is going to make YOU happy. Who cares what other people think. ;)

+1 ...seriously :eyeroll:

I agree, and we have at least 3 board members who could pull off an amazing resto job on this book if someone had a front cover top to marry.