• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sending expensive comic through a paypal payment, any advice ?

20 posts in this topic

I am sending a comic worth a lot to someone who is sending payment through PayPal. He sent me payment but wanted me to send it to a different address. I told him I can't because then I am not covered. He now states to refund the money which I already did, but wants me to send another invoice and he will place correct address.

Ofcourse I will send book fully insured with signature required if he does send proper invoice with address back. Anyway to cover myself here or am I doing it right asking for correct address to send to.

Some people move, some people have books sent to people in the same country of purchase if they are in a different country.

As long as the new address is a confirmed registered address with paypal - ie it shows as their 'send to' address - you are covered by paypal seller protection - you still need to enter tracking etc though, to show it has been shipped to the correct address.

You should also insist it is 'signed for' - as that excludes the 'I didn't get it' excuse.

I don't know why the guy wanted a refund - you can add an extra address at anytime.

But if he is sending you the money, you don't need coverage. As long as you send certified, there should be no problem.

You do.

Non-receipt claims and chargebacks are common traps for new ebay sellers.

Some people move, some people have books sent to people in the same country of purchase if they are in a different country.

As long as the new address is a confirmed registered address with paypal - ie it shows as their 'send to' address - you are covered by paypal seller protection - you still need to enter tracking etc though, to show it has been shipped to the correct address.

You should also insist it is 'signed for' - as that excludes the 'I didn't get it' excuse.

I don't know why the guy wanted a refund - you can add an extra address at anytime.

You're technically correct, but the address doesn't need to be "confirmed".

As long as the address you ship to is the one included with the Paypal payment, you're covered by eBay's seller protection (you, of course, need to follow the usual shipping rules too - eg. signature confirmation for items over $250, etc).

You're technically correct, but the address doesn't need to be "confirmed".

As long as the address you ship to is the one included with the Paypal payment, you're covered by eBay's seller protection.

Ah, ok...gotcha.

Thanks for that (thumbs u

Ok, I have all the email exchanges between us, he resent the money and added the address to PayPal, which you do need to be covered for seller protection. I will send the book, certified with signature reciept fully insured to be covered totally.

This guy sounds like a headache-I'd avoid

A guy who wants a book shipped to a different address sounds like a headache?

He might want the expensive comic sent to a different address. I send pricey books to my work address so I can sign for them instead of being left at my door, or worse, having to take an hour out of my day to pick it up at the post office because they need my signature.

He might also own multiple homes and one may have forwarding which sends all items to Tampa, FL then sends them up to his other address. He might not want it to get handled more due to that. He also may have sworn he changed his primary address in Paypal to the one he is at all day.

This actually happened to me. I bought a book off of a boardie right after I moved and hadn't changed my address in Paypal yet. He refunded the payment, I took the thirty seconds to change my address in Paypal and we re-did the transaction.

x2. I move around, currently in Chicago, but my permanent address is in California. My paypal via ebay transactions are already automatically to Chicago, but when I just get a straight invoice from paypal (not through ebay), its set to my California address, and sometimes I forget to change the default address. I just say either I can email you my current address, or if you're not comfortable with that, let's just redo the transaction and let me use my current address.

I am sending a comic worth a lot to someone who is sending payment through PayPal. He sent me payment but wanted me to send it to a different address. I told him I can't because then I am not covered. He now states to refund the money which I already did, but wants me to send another invoice and he will place correct address.

Ofcourse I will send book fully insured with signature required if he does send proper invoice with address back. Anyway to cover myself here or am I doing it right asking for correct address to send to.

How much is "a lot"? lol