• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the future of PGX?

118 posts in this topic

I can usually tell the difference between a rose and a dandelion :takeit: And I think dandelions are actually pretty and get a bad rap. But you make a valid point. (thumbs u Consider though It is a point that is valid in purchasing comics period. Slabbed by CGC, PGX or any of the other places I could mention and likely get in trouble for with the mods. OR raw. Buyers should be diligent.

The worry with PGX is missed restoration, or other defects. The idea that Ryan Elliot may have free access to the equipment, or that Mr Patterson refuses to identify PGXs resto expert erodes credibility.

You can try to arbitrage the situation, though, if you accept the risk. Buy the PGX books at a market discount, and hope to get an equivalent product to a CGC book.

Thing is... I have bought a few dandelions and been lucky as CGC analyzed them and believed them to be roses.

Better stop saying bad things about PGX, the owner apparently contacted the owners of the other boards and threatened them with legal action if the comments continue. :D

I've upset Daniel? :eek:

Would you be able to walk me to my car?

Better stop saying bad things about PGX, the owner apparently contacted the owners of the other boards and threatened them with legal action if the comments continue. :D

I've upset Daniel? :eek:

Would you be able to walk me to my car?

Yes, I'll walk you to your car. Is it in the lot over at Phil's? lol

You can press this book by aligning cover and placing book and weights over it for several months

That is hilarious. I just saw that post.

Wouldn't there be a possibility that this would force them to answer all of this stuff under oath in a court of law?

That is hilarious. I just saw that post.

Wouldn't there be a possibility that this would force them to answer all of this stuff under oath in a court of law?

Too hilarious! :roflmao:

The mods are obviously active tonight. Why is it that they delete all of the threads referencing or containing veiled references to the 'star' debate.

However, this thread remains.

If you ask me. It shows nothing but fear of one company but confidence in the face of another, despite the ruling pertaining to no talk of competitors. The last time I checked, PGX was still a competitor.

I can usually tell the difference between a rose and a dandelion :takeit: And I think dandelions are actually pretty and get a bad rap. But you make a valid point. (thumbs u Consider though It is a point that is valid in purchasing comics period. Slabbed by CGC, PGX or any of the other places I could mention and likely get in trouble for with the mods. OR raw. Buyers should be diligent.

The worry with PGX is missed restoration, or other defects. The idea that Ryan Elliot may have free access to the equipment, or that Mr Patterson refuses to identify PGXs resto expert erodes credibility.

You can try to arbitrage the situation, though, if you accept the risk. Buy the PGX books at a market discount, and hope to get an equivalent product to a CGC book.

After reading and participating in the discussion on the other board, I walked away believing Ryan is good friends with all or most of the graders and that is the story on how he gets the red carpet treatment. Daniel identified himself as the restoration expert.

Thing is... I have bought a few dandelions and been lucky as CGC analyzed them and believed them to be roses.

Me too. A fair number actually. You just need to pay attention and know what to look for and what to avoid. It isn't rocket science. We are not alone btw. I used to score some nice books at great prices on CL. Someone has sending CL a bunch of PGX books graded in 2005 and 2006 - a known period of PGX being strict. 12 months ago I was getting these on the cheap. Last couple of auctions they are consistently beating GPA for the grade.

After reading and participating in the discussion on the other board, I walked away believing Ryan is good friends with all or most of the graders and that is the story on how he gets the red carpet treatment. Daniel identified himself as the restoration expert.

Of course,he is the only grader..How many people do you think are in that garage? (shrug)

The mods are obviously active tonight. Why is it that they delete all of the threads referencing or containing veiled references to the 'star' debate.

However, this thread remains.

If you ask me. It shows nothing but fear of one company but confidence in the face of another, despite the ruling pertaining to no talk of competitors. The last time I checked, PGX was still a competitor.

This

Of course,he is the only grader..How many people do you think are in that garage? (shrug)

Actually, if you read the threads on the "other" board you'll find there was a board member that did a great job of FaceBook sleuthing and he identified three, maybe four PGX graders. By name. And all were FB friends will Ryan E.

My garage is an "oversize" 2.5 car size. I think it's 26'x20. You could easily fit half a dozen people in it if you parked the cars outside. :idea: Public tax records indicate the garage you speak of is quite large. Bigger than mine