• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Artists Choice New York Comic Con Announcement

26 posts in this topic

HI, fellow art collectors. Spencer Beck asked me to post the following announcement on his behalf:

Well, it is that time of the year for NYCC and it is time to reveal our guest list once again.

For the last few years, The Artist's Choice booth has been set up at the main entrance to the Artist's Alley ... this year is no different.

Appearing at The Artist's Choice booth this year will be the following comics professionals:

Ethan Van Sciver - ALL DAYS

Norm Rapmund - ALL DAYS

Mark Bagley - FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

Steve Montano - SATURDAY ONLY

Chris Batista - SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY

Jose Luis Garcia Lopez - FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND MAYBE SUNDAY

Josef Rubinstein - ALL DAYS

George Perez - SATURDAY / SUNDAY ONLY

Jerry Ordway - FRIDAY / SUNDAY ONLY

Phil Jimenez - ? I THINK HE SAID FRIDAY & SATURDAY - HAVE TO CONFIRM

Al Milgrom - SUNDAY ONLY

Sean Chen - FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

John Stanisci - FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

John Romita, Jr. SATURDAY ONLY FOR LIMITED TIME

Many of these artists will be sketching as well as have prints for your collections for sale as well.

Also, a couple of non-exhibiting friends also said they would stop by and sign for a little while, but cannot make a firm commitment at this time so check back for some nice surprises if all goes well.

There is also going to be a ton of new artwork not yet listed on the website being offered for the first time at the show. Make sure to check out what is being offered from yoru favorite TAC artist as there may be something new under the sun.

NEXT,

George Perez will have new prints available with all sales proceeds going to help pay medical bills for his friend & longtime colorist Tom Smith who suffered multiple strokes this summer starting at Connecticut ComicCon in August. Tom is doing better but still has a long way to go to a full recovery. Every penny helps. Please stop by and even if you do not wish to purchase a print, please make a donation.

Also, as with every year ... there will collection containers for The Hero Initiative. Each year, we ask for donations for any signatures you obtain to benefit this worthwhile cause. Please do not let us hear coins hitting the bottom of the jar.

There is a profound expression I recently heard ... never judge a book by its cover as someday you might be on that cover. PLEASE be generous for those in need in this industry we all love.

Lastly, there will be HUGE announcement ( at least HUGE for the Artist's Choice ) coming out Monday or Tuesday. Watch for an update.

Thank you all for reading this announcement and for your ongoing support and patronage.

Spencer R. Beck

The Artist's Choice

www.theartistschoice.com

Lastly, there will be HUGE announcement ( at least HUGE for the Artist's Choice ) coming out Monday or Tuesday. Watch for an update.

Thank you all for reading this announcement and for your ongoing support and patronage.

Spencer R. Beck

The Artist's Choice

www.theartistschoice.com

I'm really curious what this announcement is, and it's not clear which Monday or Tuesday (since it's Wednesday) I assume its the Mon/Tue after NYCC?

I'm guessing it relates to an artist, or maybe they will take new forms of payment!

Malvin

Spencer R. Beck

The Artist's Choice

www.theartistschoice.com

I'm really curious what this announcement is, and it's not clear which Monday or Tuesday (since it's Wednesday) I assume its the Mon/Tue after NYCC?

I'm guessing it relates to an artist, or maybe they will take new forms of payment!

Malvin

I believe he'll be instituting his "no Canadians" rule.

I know I've been lobbying to stop "them" from getting 'MERICA's original art!

The special announcement has been scheduled for Cyber Monday, following Black Friday ........ 2015.

:baiting:

I'm speculating that Death of Wolverine pages will be available at NYCC. :o

Relax .... I'm just guessing ..... or am I? hm

See you at the show Yoram.

Cheers!

N.

Hi, fellas:

Yes, two big announcements:

1. McNiven's Death of Wolverine pages were available for sale, and so was the cover(s)

2. The Artist's Choice accepted payment via credit card for the 1st time at the show

It was really nice meeting fellow collectors for the 1st time, and seeing many familiar faces, too.

I was also surprised (and very pleased) to see an increase in female art collectors at our booth and I hope this trend continues next year (thumbs u

I was at your booth looking through for a long time and didn't even realize it was someone from the boards. doh!

I had like 5 pages I wanted. Great stuff at your booth.

Can I contact you if I want to get something?

Thanks

I was at your booth looking through for a long time and didn't even realize it was someone from the boards. doh!

I had like 5 pages I wanted. Great stuff at your booth.

Can I contact you if I want to get something?

Thanks

Hi, Marc;

Please get in touch with Spencer Beck, owner of the Artist's Choice. Contact information is on his website: http://www.theartistschoice.com/

By the way, the ability to purchase art via credit card at the show was a successful trial. Spencer is still working out a few things with the service provider before he can take credit card orders on a permanent basis.

Stay tuned for further announcements!

Hi, Marc;

Please get in touch with Spencer Beck, owner of the Artist's Choice. Contact information is on his website: http://www.theartistschoice.com/

By the way, the ability to purchase art via credit card at the show was a successful trial. Spencer is still working out a few things with the service provider before he can take credit card orders on a permanent basis.

Stay tuned for further announcements!

Really ? S. Beck Accepting Credit Cards ? That would be great ! One of the things that stopped me from buying at The Artist's Choice, as an European, is that it currently looks way too complicated to get money transferred to S. Beck without using a creditcard... Would it be too much too ask for acceptance of PayPal as well ?

PS:

By the way, if there are any Europeans (Dutch, even ?) out there that can explain in a fairly dummy proof way how to handle this without creditcard or paypal, im all ears...

jjj1, did I talk to you yet again at NYCC and forget that you're a Boardie? I was the guy asking about specific Guardians of the Galaxy pages for a friend.

Hiya, Dan;

Yep, that was me. I probably directed you to the Montano and Valentino sections for some Guardians art. Hope you were successful.