• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 300 on fire

161 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-man 300 isnt just about Venom, its also the symbol of an entire generation which ultimately became larger than the hype.

The cover is iconic and as famous to all generations as Hulk 181 cover.

the 2 most recognized covers of all time besides Action comics #1 and AF#15!

McFarlane will go down as the greatest comic book Icon of all time. He could eventually be more popular than Stan Lee (give it another 40 years or so)

his ASM and Hulk runs are timeless. up there with Claremont X-men as greatest comic run in history.

so this book isnt about venom, its about a fusion of the 2 greatest icons in comic book history Stan Lee, and Todd McFarlane!!

I dont think McFarlane will go down as the greatest of all time eclipsing Kirby's 50 year career for example. Thats a bit of a stretch. McFarlane was a mediocre artist and some of his drawings like the famous one of Tranny MJ were downright awful. He lucked out and had the style that was in the right place at the right time is all.

Amazing Spider-man 300 isnt just about Venom, its also the symbol of an entire generation which ultimately became larger than the hype.

McFarlane will go down as the greatest comic book Icon of all time. He could eventually be more popular than Stan Lee (give it another 40 years or so)

his ASM and Hulk runs are timeless. up there with Claremont X-men as greatest comic run in history.

so this book isnt about venom, its about a fusion of the 2 greatest icons in comic book history Stan Lee, and Todd McFarlane!!

Isn't it past your bedtime, young man?

I dont think McFarlane will go down as the greatest of all time eclipsing Kirby's 50 year career for example. Thats a bit of a stretch. McFarlane was a mediocre artist and some of his drawings like the famous one of Tranny MJ were downright awful. He lucked out and had the style that was in the right place at the right time is all.

He gets cred for helping to create Venom and starting Image with Spawn.

Granted, nothing to really ooh and ahh compared to Kirby but he did this during the 90s when comics were generally :sick:

So he gets some decent "props".

He gets cred for helping to create Venom and starting Image with Spawn.

Granted, nothing to really ooh and ahh compared to Kirby but he did this during the 90s when comics were generally :sick:

So he gets some decent "props".

Reading his stuff now it's pretty dumb. Kirby and Lee-Kirby's stuff is timeless.

It's like saying Justin Bieber is 'the greatest musician of all time' because he had his day in the sun.

I think many people still downgrade Jim Lee's talent due to the time period in which he is a part of.

Kav... what is your opinion on Lee? Overrated, underrated?

Overrated.

He has no clue how to spot blacks. He's average.

I disagree.

I enjoy his work more than Kirby's. Dynamic poses, in what I feel is a decently paced progression of visual storytelling. His images are crisp yet very detailed. When it comes to Batman, I place Lee's work up there with Adams.

You have my permission to snap a pencil in half in frustration now.

I'm very surprised how well comics in general are performing. I can't believe this will last that much longer. Maybe a couple of years more. Eventually, there will be comic movie fatigue from ordinary moviegoers and things will cool down.

Super hero fatigue yes, but not original indie books. 2c

Oh Jeez, I read all that as a joke. I didn't think he was actually serious.

Well hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. This particular opinion just happens to be ...you know, what's the word? Oh yeah. "Wrong."

I tease, I tease...