• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 300 on fire

161 posts in this topic

When L list characters like Squirrel Girl are getting $500, Venom at $1000-$1500 is perfectly reasonable.

lol

If the 1st appearance of Squirrel Girl is a $500 comic, then the 1st appearance of Venom should be a $50,000 comic.

When L list characters like Squirrel Girl are getting $500, Venom at $1000-$1500 is perfectly reasonable.

lol

If the 1st appearance of Squirrel Girl is a $500 comic, then the 1st appearance of Venom should be a $500,000 comic.

ftfy

I actually heard they were scrapping the movie? All speculation tho.. But that's what I heard.. (shrug)

I believe, from what Bosco and others posted, Sony has scrapped all Spider-Man related projects entirely. The hope is it is a precursor to them selling the rights back to Marvel/Disney :wishluck:

I'm very surprised how well comics in general are performing. I can't believe this will last that much longer. Maybe a couple of years more. Eventually, there will be comic movie fatigue from ordinary moviegoers and things will cool down.

Why would regular moviegoers get comic book movie fatigue though? Heck, a lot of them don't even know they are seeing comic book movies.

I'll never understand why people seem to be hoping for the end. I'm not saying you are, but the implication is there.

I actually heard they were scrapping the movie? All speculation tho.. But that's what I heard.. (shrug)

I believe, from what Bosco and others posted, Sony has scrapped all Spider-Man related projects entirely. The hope is it is a precursor to them selling the rights back to Marvel/Disney :wishluck:

I'm very surprised how well comics in general are performing. I can't believe this will last that much longer. Maybe a couple of years more. Eventually, there will be comic movie fatigue from ordinary moviegoers and things will cool down.

Why would regular moviegoers get comic book movie fatigue though? Heck, a lot of them don't even know they are seeing comic book movies.

I'll never understand why people seem to be hoping for the end. I'm not saying you are, but the implication is there.

that is a rumor not confirmed

I heard Venom Deadpool and Wolverine will be fused into one mega-character in ultimate Marvel reboot.

Why is ASM 300 catching fire again? :shrug:

I think it is combination of potential movie hype, and the craziness of the NM 98. People are seeing how the prices for a New Mutants 98 can skyrocket when a movie is confirmed. Venom being the second most popular character from that era and want to get their copies before prices become unattainable.

Venom has a good point about Venom lol. At NYCC, ugly copies were being sold for 300 plus. Crazy. Venom is still surprisingly all over, on kids logos and banners along with Spidey, Hulk, and Iron Man. He stays popular throughout the ages because he looks so damn cool too. He's one of the last desirable keys of the era that really speaks key issue as well. Also with an iconic McFarlane cover.