• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF # 12

149 posts in this topic

I just sent the FF #12, FF Annual #1 and the Avengers #1 to cgc, its my first time sending books in and I'm nervous/anxious!

I wouldn't worry, those are great looking books. thumbsup2.gif

Unless it turns out there's restoration... frown.gif

I just sent the FF #12, FF Annual #1 and the Avengers #1 to cgc, its my first time sending books in and I'm nervous/anxious!

No need to pee in the man's cheerios 27_laughing.gif

Would you like to share who you bought them from? I know I have bought books from well known dealers 10 years ago, only to have the books come back PLOD from CGC.

The books look great and I would be surprised if there were color touches or pieces added. The one thing to always worry about is "CLEANED and PRESSED". This was very common on Marvel books as it helped remove some of the dingyness to some of the early books.

Hi everyone I'm the owner of the books Mr. High grade has scanned above.

-BleekerBob

Welcome to the boards!

sign-offtopic.gifDid you pick your board name because of Bleeker St in the Village? That's probably my favorite part of NYC. Damn, I miss NYC! frown.gif

Of the 3 books I'm sending in I bought the Avengers #1 and the FF#1 annual from a guy named Bashara (spelling?). I bought them at shows. If my memory serves me correctly he was a dealer from Boston, that apparently owns the mile high Superman #1. He told me he paid 150k for it about 8 years ago. The FF#12 was purchased from Vinne before he Joined (metro) that was also 8 years ago. I bought it at a show at the New York Hotel on 34th street. I stopped collected 8 years ago after several dealers sold me restored books. I got very turned off by the underhanded-ness of the industry. I just discovered CGC a few days ago and it sounds like it has done wonders for the industry. I'm excited to get back into collecting, looks like I will only by graded books though. Sorry for the long winded reposonse.

Oh man, what a wet cloth...............lighten up - he's new............ grin.gif

Of the 3 books I'm sending in I bought the Avengers #1 and the FF#1 annual from a guy named Bashara (spelling?). I bought them at shows. If my memory serves me correctly he was a dealer from Boston, that apparently owns the mile high Superman #1. He told me he paid 150k for it about 8 years ago. The FF#12 was purchased from Vinne before he Joined (metro) that was also 8 years ago. I bought it at a show at the New York Hotel on 34th street. I stopped collected 8 years ago after several dealers sold me restored books. I got very turned off by the underhanded-ness of the industry. I just discovered CGC a few days ago and it sounds like it has done wonders for the industry. I'm excited to get back into collecting, looks like I will only by graded books though. Sorry for the long winded reposonse.

Absolutely, not long winded at all. smile.gif

I myself was in the same place you were in. Frustrated at overgraded books (didn't know I had a few restored books until I CGC'd them), so I stopped collecting for a few years and then got back into big time about two years ago (CGC is really the only way to go for big ticket books).

acclaim.gif

Glad to have you back into the collecting community. Please post the grades once you get them back. thumbsup2.gif

Oh man, what a wet cloth...............lighten up - he's new............ grin.gif

Just preparing him for the possibility, having been there myself: X-Men #1 came back as a CGC 9.4 PLOD "cleaned and pressed", purchased raw from a very prominent dealer in 1998. Obviously I hope the same fate does not befall BleekerBob.

BleekerBob, welcome to the boards. Sounds like you're talking about Bechara Maloof. People on these boards hold lots of different opinions about him, but I can't recall hearing about people getting undisclosed restored books from him.

Thanks for the welcome. I happen to live in the village and there is a record store down the block from me called Bleeker Bob's.

Great store! I have spent 100's of hours there cloud9.gif

Likewise, picked up some great bootlegs there in the old vinyl days. thumbsup2.gif

There was a bit of back and forth, but in the end we settled on getting my money back (I wanted more, like interest on the money I had paid). It probably helped that I'm a lawyer, so I was able to call BS on some of the initial arguments he was making when he tried to initially stonewall me.