• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Studios Announces Phase 3 Lineup

539 posts in this topic

Dan Slott ‏@DanSlott · 28s29 seconds ago

Set your watch.

Your next Spider-Man related freak out is on the way...

:-O

:ohnoez:

If that is true...oh my. I'm going to revert to being 10 years old and fanboy my way around the office.

I think if Sony were part of this announcement, they would also be messaging about an event today.

This looks and sounds like it's a Marvel only event. So no Spider-Man folks

But if Sony was to announce an event, that would have given it away. It could be something like Feige bringing out Sony's CEO to make a joint announcement.

U2 didn't announce they were doing an event prior to Apple's iPhone event...same thing.

+1 ... Marvel needs to deliver something other than simply filling in the blanks of their 'Untitled' movie schedule. At least a new, Marvel-owned character on the way -- Ms. Marvel or Black Panther are the most likely -- at most a homerun ... Spiderman deal ... or shoot the moon and announce one of those is going to be in Age of Ultron and a clip will be shown tonight on SHIELD.

darkhawk!

My predictions

1. Doctor Strange confirmed with lead actor

2. Spider-Man back with Marvel or join the MCU

3. Captain America 3 title 'Civil War"

4. Sub-Mariner Movie (Possible easter egg in AOU trailer - no water scene)*

5. Black Panther Movie (Easter egg in AOU trailer - Ulysses Klaw)

* Universal/Legendary Pictures distributes the movie but Marvel produces it.

There is definitely interest in Namor at Marvel. And it would most probably have to be a partner production.

Kevin Feige Clears Up The SUB-MARINER Situation

It would be the clear Marvel answer to Aquaman.

:wishluck:

More crazy predictions....

Marvel won't give away that Ms. Marvel is AOU. Most likely she will be announced at SDCC next year.

Dr. Strange, Namor, Black Bolt (Inhumans) & Black Panther create the Illuminati and banish Hulk (Planet Hulk). With Phase 4 being World War Hulk & Secret Invasion. Note: The Guardians of the Galaxy will find the hulk and bring him back to earth.

New Warriors will start the Civil War but on Agents of Shield not in a movie.

NOTE: Hulk & Namor are owned by Marvel but Universal/Legendary Pictures have the distribution rights for solo films.

Possiblity of 3 Marvel movies a year with 2 distributed by Disney and 1 by Universal/Legendary Pictures or Sony for Spider-man BUT ALL PRODUCED BY MARVEL. :wishluck:

During the last season of Agents of Shield they had an hour long Marvel Movie Special. Towards the end of that special they began to allude to Phase 3 and they clearly showed a copy Nova #1 on the screen. No chance a Nova movie is part of Phase 3?

I think Nova will introduced in GOTG 2 movie but no solo film unitl Phase 4.

I would love to see Spidey in the Marvel movie universe, where he belongs.

Honestly? I wouldn't. One of the things I loved is that Marvel has had to make due without their mega franchises. So rather than just rolling out Spider-man and knowing they can cash a 750 million dollar check, they have to make deep/good movies that people actually enjoy which is better. Basically the challenge of working with B and C list characters has made Marvel step there game up.

You make a really good point.

True Phase One for Marvel was movies like Blade, DD and Punisher where they learned what worked and what didn't.

True Phase Two has been what most think of when they think of Marvel's success. Iron Man I to now.

Where I disagree, is that I think they would now know how to manage the wealth.

But I agree it made them work harder and be more creative.

I think forcing them to think big picture with their smaller franchises has been terrific. I know that much of the stories are not true to 1963, but they've developed a far more cohesive world than Stan Lee was capable of doing back in the early 1960's because Stan probably could not have known how popular these characters would have been.

Knowing that

a) they can bank on them

b) forcing them to develop smaller franchises

has forced Marvel to really put some thought into long term plans.

I'm excited to see what is next.

I wouldn't think announcing Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange alone would be significant enough for its own special event (Rudd as Ant-Man was just a press release?). Then again Disney owns the theater so perhaps it's not much of a marketing expense for them.

I do not think that would warrant a special event. If this is the case I would say lame sauce.

It better be Spider-man is back with Marvel Studios or who gives a :censored:

Same goes with real footage of the Avengers 2 movie. zzz

:news: or a Special Announcement should be something that will rock the collective core not stuff we already know.

This may be too soon, but Alibaba has been in talks with Disney about productions being created for distribution across China.

Alibaba heads to Hollywood with its new cash stockpile

----------------

Ma is hunting for movies and television shows to help build out Alibaba’s streaming media offerings. He comes armed with $25 billion cash following Alibaba’s initial public offering in September and has a slate of meetings scheduled over this week with the likes of Lions Gate Entertainment LGF 0.24% , Walt Disney DIS 0.84% , Twenty-First Century Fox FOXA 0.67% and others, reported Bloomberg News.

----------------

I wonder if Disney will try and feed in Marvel Studios productions into this massive investment pool?

I think if Sony were part of this announcement, they would also be messaging about an event today.

But if Sony was to announce an event, that would have given it away. It could be something like Feige bringing out Sony's CEO to make a joint announcement.

U2 didn't announce they were doing an event prior to Apple's iPhone event...same thing.

Very good point!

I don't think Sony is the type of company that likes to play second fiddle to another company.

Just doesn't seem like them. Who knows?

Jaybuck does :baiting:

Very good point!

I don't think Sony is the type of company that likes to play second fiddle to another company.

With Sony bleeding money, though, I wouldn't be surprised if they play a more reserved role instead holding a lavish event.

Very good point!

With Sony bleeding money, though, I wouldn't be surprised.

I agree, if you pay me first fiddle money to play 16th fiddle, and I'm pretty game.