• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Studios Announces Phase 3 Lineup

539 posts in this topic

Didn't someone suggest LL Cool J as Power Man?

Does LL Cool J Have A Role In A Future MARVEL Movie?

--------------------

Sometime last night, Screen Rant spotted a Twitter post from James Todd Smith, better known as LL Cool J, which indicated that the rapper-turned-actor may have a role in an upcoming Marvel movie. "I'm so ready for this role in Marvel movie," read the tweet which could very well mean he only hopes to be in a Marvel movie; maybe one of the many that Marvel Studios announced yesterday. Anyhow, Screen Rant speculates that if LL Cool J is in fact up for a part in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and not Fox's or Sony's ventures, then he could very well be playing Power Man aka Luke Cage.

--------------------

:o

Warehouse order submitted in advance.

I think they won't do the movie so soon after the tv show.

And he's recognizeable, but not a huge star, so I would guess he shows in the Inhumans movie (if at all). He's pretty buff, so maybe Gorgon? Or he could any alien in Inhumans, Captain Marvel, or GOG2.

When the camera pans around Thanos and the gauntlet and the logo/subtitle are shown....aw man, words just can't describe how awesome that looks IMHO. I've been waiting to see this brought to life since I started reading comics. I'm speechless...incredible.

Chills...

without question Mar-vell will appear and die. Kree are already established in both Agents and Guardians. She will have her origin story told, (altered no doubt, but basic principles there).

I read an article which said Marvel is doing away with origin movies (Iron Man 1, CA First Avenger) and moving going straight to the story with background being revealed as the movie progresses (Thor and GOTG).

Here's one quick link I found (not the source I read before but indicates the same): Marvel reportedly done with origin films

SO, now that we know the phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers Infinity War, how about a game?

There have been 3 gems, or stones, revealed so far:

1 - the Tesseract from Cap1,

2 - the Aether from Thor 2,

3 - the Orb from the Guardians of the Galaxy 1

In which movie(s) do the remaining 3 stones debut? hm

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the fail-safe Eric Selvig built into the portal).

To me, I couldn't see the gem on the thumb in the glove, so perhaps Marvel is whittling them down to four smaller 'infinity gems' - plus the big one in the middle. The green (soul) gem is there, so I would be pretty confident in saying Warlock will show up at some point.

And what is with people buying up 'Infinity War' comics? That's not the series the movie will be about. lol

What is Infinity War movies about then? It's not tied to that six part series? If not, the internet is so screwing this up. Somebody updated the Wikipedia entry to suggest that series is directly linked to the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_War

I think it's going to follow the Infinity Gauntlet storyline loosely, but they are simply calling the movie Infinity War probably because it makes more marketing sense to do so. Everyone knows what a war is: strife, danger, turmoil. If they called it Infinity Gauntlet, the general populous would not know what that is. "What's an Infinity Gauntlet?"

It wouldn't make sense to have the Infinity War storyline as it needs the Infinity Gauntlet storyline first, to make any sense.

I think it's going to follow the Infinity Gauntlet storyline loosely, but they are simply calling the movie Infinity War probably because it makes more marketing sense to do so. Everyone knows what a war is: strife, danger, turmoil. If they called it Infinity Gauntlet, the general populous would not know what that is. "What's an Infinity Gauntlet?"

It wouldn't make sense to have the Infinity War storyline as it needs the Infinity Gauntlet storyline first, to make any sense.

Makes sense. What doesn't it that Infinity Wars will probably spike anyway :)

To me, Thanos Quest is already playing out in the movies. Infinity Gauntlet? Thanos easily acquires all gems by the time Avengers: Infinity War hits the screen, heck maybe he'll have it in Thor: Ragnarok?, then Avengers: Infinity War Part I sees our heroes face off against Thanos with Warlock getting the Gauntlet and becoming Magus showing that even good men are corrupted by unlimited power.

Since we're speculating on what we're going to see and when, I'm going to guess that we'll see Carol Danvers introduced in Avengers 2 and she'll play a small part. No powers. She'll be a bigger player in CA: Civil War. GOTG 2 will introduce Mar-Vell as Captain Marvel, which will give Marvel a chance to shock everyone that doesn't know about the comics when they kill him off in Infinity War, which is when Danvers takes up the name.

Didn't someone suggest LL Cool J as Power Man?

Does LL Cool J Have A Role In A Future MARVEL Movie?

--------------------

Sometime last night, Screen Rant spotted a Twitter post from James Todd Smith, better known as LL Cool J, which indicated that the rapper-turned-actor may have a role in an upcoming Marvel movie. "I'm so ready for this role in Marvel movie," read the tweet which could very well mean he only hopes to be in a Marvel movie; maybe one of the many that Marvel Studios announced yesterday. Anyhow, Screen Rant speculates that if LL Cool J is in fact up for a part in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and not Fox's or Sony's ventures, then he could very well be playing Power Man aka Luke Cage.

--------------------

:o

Warehouse order submitted in advance.

I think they won't do the movie so soon after the tv show.

And he's recognizeable, but not a huge star, so I would guess he shows in the Inhumans movie (if at all). He's pretty buff, so maybe Gorgon? Or he could any alien in Inhumans, Captain Marvel, or GOG2.

You are most probably right. I like him anyway, as even though he has a bigger-than-life persona, he seems to be down to earth with himself and his acting. Another great grab if Marvel landed LL.

I feel like we will see Mar-vell.

I suspect he'll participate in a heroic & plot turning death.

There's plenty of room for both Danvers & Mar-vell. I prefer that she'll carry her own movie & that he play a pivotal supporting role.

I also hope we see Warlock.

I keep wondering if Mar-Vell isn't going to end out being the dead Kree on AoS, though. And that, in turn, becomes the mode by which Carol gets her powers.

Ragnarok isn't just death, it's re-birth so Thor & Asgard will be back from Thor 3 to take on Thanos with the Infinity Guantlet.

The Avengers couldn't beat Thanos without Thor :makepoint:

There have been countless Ragnarok storylines in Thor over the years but I'd love to see Walt Simonson's Surtur saga on the screen, #337 - #353.

That would be amazing.

Marvel VP Explains 'Captain America: Civil War' and 'Avengers: Infinity War' Original Storylines

hm So, they may pull from all three Infinity storylines....?

ABC: Amazing, so what's the deal with 'Infinity War' and why would Marvel need two films -- Part 1 and 2?

Brevoort: "Inifnity War really was part of a trilogy. We did three stories -- Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War and Infinity Crusade. It was this big, sprawling, epic Thanos story [who appears a bit in 'Guardians of the Galaxy]. How much the films will pull remains to be seen ... The crux of this Infinity Trilogy, Thanos as a character is one of the most powerful villains in the Marvel Universe. He's certainly one of the most grandiose. He exists on sort of a galactic scale. He's an alien being, he's from a race called the Eternals, who pretty much live forever. They are what anchient man thought of as Gods.

"Thanos is a nihilist. He worships and loves death almost as a person ... he will almost court her. In the course of this story, there were six items of power, six gems that were the Infinity Gems ... Thanos went on a quest throughout the universe to gather them together and form them into the Infinity Gauntlet, which he wore on his hand and made him omnipotent."

, that's not good. I dont like that he is pointing out that Thanos is an Eternal. 99.9% of the spec horde doesnt realize it or its implications. I have been running free and wild on Eternals stuff for so long, looks like the easy times are finally going to come to an end :frustrated:

Ragnarok isn't just death, it's re-birth so Thor & Asgard will be back from Thor 3 to take on Thanos with the Infinity Guantlet.

There have been countless Ragnarok storylines in Thor over the years but I'd love to see Walt Simonson's Surtur saga on the screen, #337 - #353.

That would be amazing.

Simonson Ragnarok

I also thought that they would be basing the storyline off of the Simonson run.

That would be amazing.

Simonson Ragnarok

I also thought that they would be basing the storyline off of the Simonson run.

Just realized, the makepoint smily looks like Thor v Thanos.....

SO, now that we know the phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers Infinity War, how about a game?

There have been 3 gems, or stones, revealed so far:

1 - the Tesseract from Cap1,

2 - the Aether from Thor 2,

3 - the Orb from the Guardians of the Galaxy 1

In which movie(s) do the remaining 3 stones debut? hm

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the fail-safe Eric Selvig built into the portal).

To me, I couldn't see the gem on the thumb in the glove, so perhaps Marvel is whittling them down to four smaller 'infinity gems' - plus the big one in the middle. The green (soul) gem is there, so I would be pretty confident in saying Warlock will show up at some point.

And what is with people buying up 'Infinity War' comics? That's not the series the movie will be about. lol

What is Infinity War movies about then? It's not tied to that six part series? If not, the internet is so screwing this up. Somebody updated the Wikipedia entry to suggest that series is directly linked to the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_War

The Infinity War is the second crossover from IG. It's not very good, and Infinity Crusade is even worse. For Marvel to incorporate elements from Infinty War or Crusade would make Spider-Man 3 look like Schindler's List.

Introducing Adam Warlock and his time-traveling alter ego Magus who wants revenge on Warlock AND Thanos? Explaining the Universal Church of Truth? The appearance of someone called the Goddess who takes the Infinity Gems and turns them into the Cosmic Egg? Magus creating evil dopplegangers of all the heroes? All culminating in the fact that what transpired only happened in the Magus' head? Barf.

If you read what Bervoort said, it has more to do with where the name came from and not a definite of what they will be using for inspiration. I may be wrong, but I'd wager Marvel won't use any of those major elements - I think they'll bring along Warlock and it'd be cool to see Mar-Vell - and if that's the case, I'd lean more towards a Thanos War (unofficial title of the 70's Cosmic Cube crossover) mix with Infinity Gauntlet, with the stones being rendered/prohibited from being used by one or more of the cosmic abstracts at the end of the second part - allowing for a clean finish.

That's just my two cents.