• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Studios Announces Phase 3 Lineup

539 posts in this topic

SO, now that we know the phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers Infinity War, how about a game?

There have been 3 gems, or stones, revealed so far:

1 - the Tesseract from Cap1,

2 - the Aether from Thor 2,

3 - the Orb from the Guardians of the Galaxy 1

In which movie(s) do the remaining 3 stones debut? hm

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the fail-safe Eric Selvig built into the portal).

To me, I couldn't see the gem on the thumb in the glove, so perhaps Marvel is whittling them down to four smaller 'infinity gems' - plus the big one in the middle. The green (soul) gem is there, so I would be pretty confident in saying Warlock will show up at some point.

And what is with people buying up 'Infinity War' comics? That's not the series the movie will be about. lol

What is Infinity War movies about then? It's not tied to that six part series? If not, the internet is so screwing this up. Somebody updated the Wikipedia entry to suggest that series is directly linked to the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_War

The Infinity War is the second crossover from IG. It's not very good, and Infinity Crusade is even worse. For Marvel to incorporate elements from Infinty War or Crusade would make Spider-Man 3 look like Schindler's List.

Introducing Adam Warlock and his time-traveling alter ego Magus who wants revenge on Warlock AND Thanos? Explaining the Universal Church of Truth? The appearance of someone called the Goddess who takes the Infinity Gems and turns them into the Cosmic Egg? Magus creating evil dopplegangers of all the heroes? All culminating in the fact that what transpired only happened in the Magus' head? Barf.

If you read what Bervoort said, it has more to do with where the name came from and not a definite of what they will be using for inspiration. I may be wrong, but I'd wager Marvel won't use any of those major elements - I think they'll bring along Warlock and it'd be cool to see Mar-Vell - and if that's the case, I'd lean more towards a Thanos War (unofficial title of the 70's Cosmic Cube crossover) mix with Infinity Gauntlet, with the stones being rendered/prohibited from being used by one or more of the cosmic abstracts at the end of the second part - allowing for a clean finish.

That's just my two cents.

I agree with this, and they definitely want a clean end to be rid of the infinity gems completely after it all so they can move on to other things, without those other things still being overshadowed by omnipotent artifacts still in play.

SO, now that we know the phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers Infinity War, how about a game?

There have been 3 gems, or stones, revealed so far:

1 - the Tesseract from Cap1,

2 - the Aether from Thor 2,

3 - the Orb from the Guardians of the Galaxy 1

In which movie(s) do the remaining 3 stones debut? hm

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the fail-safe Eric Selvig built into the portal).

To me, I couldn't see the gem on the thumb in the glove, so perhaps Marvel is whittling them down to four smaller 'infinity gems' - plus the big one in the middle. The green (soul) gem is there, so I would be pretty confident in saying Warlock will show up at some point.

And what is with people buying up 'Infinity War' comics? That's not the series the movie will be about. lol

What is Infinity War movies about then? It's not tied to that six part series? If not, the internet is so screwing this up. Somebody updated the Wikipedia entry to suggest that series is directly linked to the movie.

The Infinity War is the second crossover from IG. It's not very good, and Infinity Crusade is even worse. For Marvel to incorporate elements from Infinty War or Crusade would make Spider-Man 3 look like Schindler's List.

Introducing Adam Warlock and his time-traveling alter ego Magus who wants revenge on Warlock AND Thanos? Explaining the Universal Church of Truth? The appearance of someone called the Goddess who takes the Infinity Gems and turns them into the Cosmic Egg? Magus creating evil dopplegangers of all the heroes? All culminating in the fact that what transpired only happened in the Magus' head? Barf.

If you read what Bervoort said, it has more to do with where the name came from and not a definite of what they will be using for inspiration. I may be wrong, but I'd wager Marvel won't use any of those major elements - I think they'll bring along Warlock and it'd be cool to see Mar-Vell - and if that's the case, I'd lean more towards a Thanos War (unofficial title of the 70's Cosmic Cube crossover) mix with Infinity Gauntlet, with the stones being rendered/prohibited from being used by one or more of the cosmic abstracts at the end of the second part - allowing for a clean finish.

That's just my two cents.

I agree with this, and they definitely want a clean end to be rid of the infinity gems completely after it all so they can move on to other things, without those other things still being overshadowed by omnipotent artifacts still in play.

Que Infinity Watch

In my opinion, based on the teaser for IW, it'll still be centered around the Gauntlet story - they just used the "War" title as it's a more commercially accessible title to the average joe.

And was it just me or did we only see 5 stones in Thanos' gauntlet?

I highly doubt they will utilize anything from the IW story as the IG story is def the strongest from the bunch (which has been stated earlier).

As well, the teaser def insinuates that it'll be a collab between the Avengers and Guardians vs Thanos.

When Marvel is done retelling these crossovers next summer, they will better line up with the movies. Hence a retelling of Civil War, Planet Hulk, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Infinity War is also going to be retold to align with the new comic continuity, which is going to align with the movies.

And was it just me or did we only see 5 stones in Thanos' gauntlet?

That's what I thought. Four on the fingers, one big one in the middle that is sort of a goldish color. I couldn't really see the thumb, but I think they left that one off - perhaps on purpose? Maybe to simplify?

i posted it elsewhere, its just that the common video people watched have a head blocking the view, in the press articles in the news now, you can find a fully un-impeded shot of it

but here's one showing the glow of the yellow thumb gem.

150782.jpg.91cf3b8aebb06b88c4e8885f5ab28e2f.jpg

i posted it elsewhere, its just that the common video people watched have a head blocking the view, in the press articles in the news now, you can find a fully un-impeded shot of it

but here's one showing the glow of the yellow thumb gem.

:o

thud-faint-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'd lean more towards a Thanos War (unofficial title of the 70's Cosmic Cube crossover) mix with Infinity Gauntlet, with the stones being rendered/prohibited from being used by one or more of the cosmic abstracts at the end of the second part - allowing for a clean finish.

In the comics only the Living Tribunal has the power to do this, normally pursuant to the whining of Eternity, Infinity, Galactus, etc.

My most fervent movie-related wish now that Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet have appeared, is to see the cosmic abstracts on the big screen (the brief Celestial apperance in GOTG is encouraging) :wishluck:

Marvel's EIC commenting on how he feels the movies will effect comic books.

Marvel E-i-C On How The Marvel Movie Slate Will Impact The Comic Books Moving Forwards

----------------

"The fact that Marvel Studios' slate is so diverse says a lot about our commitment to have our books reflect the world outside your window. The beauty of Marvel characters is that each is defined by the person inside the costume, not the powers, so there is always characters that speaks to you. Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel will definitely speak to new fans." And in some very good news for fans of a certain Wakandan King (who currently stars in New Avengers), he teased: "I see big things for T'Challa. Big things."

"The launch of "Captain Marvel" was very important moment for us," the E-i-C added when quizzed on how it feels to see Captain Marvel - a character who was only given that moniker a couple of years ago - now being brought to the big screen. "We wanted to create a compelling, three-dimensional, relatable kickass female character, and I guess that worked, but there's no way we could anticipate how Carol would connect with fans, particularly female fans, or things like the 'Carol Corps.'"

----------------

How long until the speculators figure out the Infinity movie storyline is really about the Infinity Gauntlet series and not directly the Infinity Wars (despite the title of the movie?) I looked at an Infinity Wars lot on Ebay and it had like 150 watchers, which is about 150 more than it had a week ago.