• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PITT #1 cover by Dale Keown for sale

25 posts in this topic

Hi, all:

I'm decided to sell the highly coveted PITT #1 through Heritage at their upcoming Fall auction.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the only key Image #1 cover available on the market, and as you can see by the scan, Dale didn't hold anything back with this fierce 'in-your-face' illustration.

Good luck to all those bidding!

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/dale-keown-pitt-1-cover-original-art-image-1993-/p/7099-43005.s

Hi, all:

I'm decided to sell the highly coveted PITT #1 through Heritage at their upcoming Fall auction.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the only key Image #1 cover available on the market, and as you can see by the scan, Dale didn't hold anything back with this fierce 'in-your-face' illustration.

Good luck to all those bidding!

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/dale-keown-pitt-1-cover-original-art-image-1993-/p/7099-43005.s

:bump:

Still a Rip-Roarin' deal at a fraction of what I paid for it.

I don't know if Romitaman accepts offers, but it had an asking price around 50K if memory serves me well...

I'm talking about the HA auction.

OP has owned the cover for some time, so the Romitaman was probably a consignment that didn't sell that went to a different site for resale. I just can't log into HA so I can't see the hammer price on the link on the first post. :sorry:

$7,170

Well if the Romitaman price is what Yoram really was hoping it was worth, then I guess the HA result hasn't made him jump with joy. :foryou:

Jim

No, 1/7th of a jump does not allow for much joy

The market dictated the value on this and unfortunately we all as collectors sometimes place higher anticipated value (like hoping this was worth or could sell for $50k or a best offer in that range) on some of our pieces, where this Pitt #1 cover, if you take a step back objectively is basically an irrelevant character, an uninspired rendering and by an artist who doesn't really have a strong body of work in his career, whose portfolio sort of pinnacled over 20 years ago with a 2 year run on The Hulk. Sure, he's a good artist, and one of those whose work is elusive to acquire, so that's why it went for $7k, otherwise it may be worth a lot less, in my opinion at least.

Well I'm disappointed for Yoram that it didn't meet his expectations. I hear the points you're making but in his shoes would have hoped for and probably expected a higher number. I wouldn't call it an uninspired rendering though. To a Keown collector it's a nice example of his style IMO

The market dictated the value on this and unfortunately we all as collectors sometimes place higher anticipated value (like hoping this was worth or could sell for $50k or a best offer in that range) on some of our pieces, where this Pitt #1 cover, if you take a step back objectively is basically an irrelevant character, an uninspired rendering and by an artist who doesn't really have a strong body of work in his career, whose portfolio sort of pinnacled over 20 years ago with a 2 year run on The Hulk. Sure, he's a good artist, and one of those whose work is elusive to acquire, so that's why it went for $7k, otherwise it may be worth a lot less, in my opinion at least.

hm

Someone somewhere is going to find this auction and kick themselves for missing it. Great cover but smaller fan base for the character. Almost like the Maxx.