• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, drotto said:
  Hide contents

It was simple budget and availability .  I do not think they wanted to pay all of the worriers three, and one did contribute to the first major fight vs. Hela.  Apparently, Jaimie Alexander was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts with her TV show.

I am floored that Thor 3 is going to end up the 5th highest grossing Marvel movie.

Oh, I realize her show got in the way.

Spoiler

But bring some clarity to her absence when hell is raining down on her people. This would be an all-hands situation to help them survive the destruction of the gods.

38 minutes ago, drotto said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It was simple budget and availability .  I do not think they wanted to pay all of the worriers three, and one did contribute to the first major fight vs. Hela.  Apparently, Jaimie Alexander was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts with her TV show.

I am floored that Thor 3 is going to end up the 5th highest grossing Marvel movie.

Int'l huge: $75MM weekend and given $20MM from China, ROW was only down 40%

13 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Int'l huge: $75MM weekend and given $20MM from China, ROW was only down 40%

I haven't seen it yet so there's at least another fiver coming :headbang:

5 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I haven't seen it yet so there's at least another fiver coming :headbang:

I've notified Forbes.com for you.

:baiting:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Box Office: 'Thor: Ragnarok' Tops $200M Domestic And $650M Worldwide

Thor: Ragnarok earned $56.6 million in its second weekend of domestic release, bringing its ten-day domestic total to $211.6m in North America alone. That puts Thor 3 ahead of The Incredible Hulk ($132m), Captain America: The First Avenger ($176m), Ant-Man ($180m), Thor ($181m) and Thor: The Dark World ($206m).

That 54% second-weekend drop is right in the healthier realm of “normal” for the MCU. It’s bigger than Doctor Stranger (-49%). But it’s smaller than Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (-55%), Thor: The Dark World (-57%), Ant-Man (-56%) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (-62%).

Speaking of overseas, the $180 million sequel has earned well over $650 million worldwide. The film is now past every pre-Avengers MCU movie (along with Ant-Man and Thor: The Dark World) and on the cusp of passing  Doctor Strange ($677m). At this juncture, a total over the $714m cume of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy ($773m) is certain although (especially with Justice League on the horizon) a total over Guardians 2 ($863m) and Spider-Man: Homecoming ($879m) may be a bridge too far.

Or maybe not, as it should have close to $750 million global by next weekend.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I've notified Forbes.com for you.

:baiting:

I meant it in a good way. I think it looks brilliant and deserves to break a billion if it's as good as I think it's going to be. Much better than Homecoming.  The JL looks brilliant too. I'm a big BvS fan though, so that probably explains the optimism  :headbang:

8 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I meant it in a good way. I think it looks brilliant and deserves to break a billion if it's as good as I think it's going to be. Much better than Homecoming.  The JL looks brilliant too. I'm a big BvS fan though, so that probably explains the optimism  :headbang:

:foryou:

You'll have a good time.

Just saw it.  Fantastic movie and I loved all the little Marvel hints.  Went on line and missed a lot of easter eggs as well.  Can't wait to see it again. One of my Fav marvel movies of all time.  IMO - ties w/ CA: Winter Soldier as #1.

Edited by Agent 007
Typo

10 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

This the deal though why can't Thor in the comic books be this cool?

This Thor has a great personality. Marvel of the movies made him extremely likable.

Has anyone on here ever said that? Because I'm always thinking that myself. (thumbsu 

I liked the movie. I have read the last 10 pages and No 1 thinks its great that Stan Lee is still Marvel comics all the way (shrug). Give me some like's if you like Stan Lee he has done a lot for Marvel comic's and that's why we have great movie's now people like Stan Lee Jack Kirby.

Edited by woowoo

Saw this over the weekend with the wife and our grandson.  My wife didn't like it and she liked the previous 2 Thor movies; she was ready to walk out after the 1st 40 minutes.  She didn't like the humor and felt that the humor was crude and stupid.  The grandson loved it and thought it was funny.  I just felt it was alright.  While I liked some of the humor I didn't care for other parts of the humor that was in the movie.

Psy 

On 06/11/2017 at 4:56 PM, Pontoon said:

I saw Christopher Yost was one of the writers; I’m a big fan of his work

Kyle and Jost are two of my favourite modern comic book writers.

Impressed that they can also create such a great film screenplay as well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 08/11/2017 at 8:56 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Surprised how good she was in this.

Thor-Ragnarok_009.jpg

Yup. The Goth look was brilliant.

As a Brit, I thought the accent was a bit exaggerated, but she was excellent as Hela.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/12/2017 at 3:31 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

This the deal though why can't Thor in the comic books be this cool?

This Thor has a great personality. Marvel of the movies made him extremely likable.

This is funny.  Thor in this movie has a personality that is nothing like Thor in the comics (wise-cracking, running from battle, afraid of a haircut, etc.) and people love it.

Edited by rjrjr

Just now, rjrjr said:

This is funny.  Thor in the movies is basically nothing like Thor in the comics (wise-cracking, running from battle, afraid of a haircut, etc.) and people love it.

They don't love it at this level though as Thor can't break 20,000 in sales a month. This movie might do a billion at the box office. I think the last time Thor sold well was Simonson and a lot had to do with the comic book  Thor being replaced by Beta Ray Bill.

This Thor in the movies is way more interesting than the Thor in the comics by a mile. 

That's what gets me. I will go pick up the latest Thor comics and I know I will be disappointed I won't get the movie version.

47 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

They don't love it at this level though as Thor can't break 20,000 in sales a month. This movie might do a billion at the box office. I think the last time Thor sold well was Simonson and a lot had to do with the comic book  Thor being replaced by Beta Ray Bill.

This Thor in the movies is way more interesting than the Thor in the comics by a mile. 

That's what gets me. I will go pick up the latest Thor comics and I know I will be disappointed I won't get the movie version.

I'm happy the characters in the comics all have a different voice.  If every character sounded like Spider-Man from the comics (which is basically how all the movie characters sound - pretty much all the same) then Marvel Comics wouldn't have made it out of the 1960s.  It might not make for an entertaining movie, but it definitely made for interesting comic books.

Edited by rjrjr

I thought Thor was a fun watch from beginning to end.

I thought Cate Blanchett was really good (and she was even hot in costume - not a way I'm used to thinking of CB lol ). I liked the story.

One thing I did not like is that there was too much humor. They could have toned it down for some of the serious battle scenes.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.