• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars returns to Marvel Comics

709 posts in this topic

Diamond just sent retailers a notice that they cant sell the star wars comic until 10am on the 1/14. So much for midnight parties.

Apparently, the Star Wars #1 premiere issue doesn't count. Lots of those issues are up on eBay. Maybe Marvel wanted retailers to have a chance to make a few bucks on that variant first? hm

This premiere book reminds me of the Star Wars #1 Alex Ross sketch cover, of which there are still copies showing up on eBay. There are twice as many of these premiere issues than the Alex Ross sketch covers however. The biggest problem with them is the condition but with twice as many available, it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy.

I wonder what it cost to fill up a short box full of all of the different SW #1 ? Then, how much in CGC 9.8 ? :o

I'm thankful I don't feel the compulsion to own them all. I couldn't afford them lol

I know....

If this was Saga or EoW, it would have ruined my run.... The EoW #16 variants almost had me stop as it is.

I wonder what it cost to fill up a short box full of all of the different SW #1 ? Then, how much in CGC 9.8 ? :o

I'm thankful I don't feel the compulsion to own them all. I couldn't afford them lol

I know....

If this was Saga or EoW, it would have ruined my run.... The EoW #16 variants almost had me stop as it is.

100% with you. (thumbs u

I bought the Ross for full whack on ebay (I couldn't resist, I just love the idea of having it alongside my Chaykin original cover). But my LCS was selling all the variants for 4.99 on a first come first served basis, so I nabbed the J.Scott Campbell & Pichelli covers at that price. So it all balances out lol

hm

I wonder if people will camp out to make sure... :D

The Moviestop down the street from me is letting people reserve copies if you pay up front. Doesn't hurt to ask if you have one nearby ;)

Here in Smalltown USA we have almost nothing but thanks for the info. (thumbs u

hm

I wonder if people will camp out to make sure... :D

The Moviestop down the street from me is letting people reserve copies if you pay up front. Doesn't hurt to ask if you have one nearby ;)

Here in Smalltown USA we have almost nothing but thanks for the info. (thumbs u

I just looked at my receipt, the sketch cover is the Hastings variant