• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars returns to Marvel Comics

709 posts in this topic

all these covers spell ultimate speculator train wreck. can you smell it?

I haven't heard about anyone speculating on this comic. (shrug) There might be some retailers that will get burned on this one however.

I'm thinking as a collector, buy the covers you like now, and pick up the others later at a better price.

I haven't heard about anyone speculating on this comic. (shrug) There might be some retailers that will get burned on this one however.

I'm thinking as a collector, buy the covers you like now, and pick up the others later at a better price.

except retailers are already selling "special" covers for $25-30. I cannot see any upward momentum for a story that has been told a million times.

Death of Wolverine variants sold quite nicely...

Marvel & Star Wars brands will do just fine.

I don't think that the 100k existing buyers of paper comics are the sole target audience of this particular offering. ( Star Wars fan numbers are in the millions )

Am I speculating on SW #1?

No.

Trainwreck?

Hardly.

I was psyched for the title but won't be buying it now.

50+ is greed personified and I won't participate. Not that Marvel will care lol

I can understand using the greed moniker if people were talking about providing services or products that are necessities for life such as food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. But we are talking about non-essentials here. As a business owner or operator, your job is to maximize revenue and if the market will bear, it should be taken advantage of. Star Wars has a much greater reach outside of comics and I really don't see the use of the word greed to apply in this situation.

I think some of the individual store variants in the long run will be the winners here. They may even be shorter printed than some of the 1:300 variants.

Maybe, but not by much. They have to order at least 3k for a store order. At least that's how it has been, don't see why they would change it.

I think some of the individual store variants in the long run will be the winners here. They may even be shorter printed than some of the 1:300 variants.

Maybe, but not by much. They have to order at least 3k for a store order. At least that's how it has been, don't see why they would change it.

Nods, and many of those stores will probably be around that 3k number. Also, consider those 1:300 variants are going to cost you $100+ easy. The store variants will be $15-$30

Consider:

Shops that order a variant are NOT eligible for the regular incentive variants.

The median number on shop variants is 4,500.

The Alex Ross 1:50 is my shops most inquired about.

The Ross cover is still my favorite.

It's a beauty.

I agree. I'm willing to pay for that one to set beside the original. :cloud9:

I was psyched for the title but won't be buying it now.

50+ is greed personified and I won't participate. Not that Marvel will care lol

I can understand using the greed moniker if people were talking about providing services or products that are necessities for life such as food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. But we are talking about non-essentials here. As a business owner or operator, your job is to maximize revenue and if the market will bear, it should be taken advantage of. Star Wars has a much greater reach outside of comics and I really don't see the use of the word greed to apply in this situation.

(thumbs u

As has been noted, Disney is getting a fair amount of these to hand out at their theme parks. I wonder what percentage of the order they account for? 10%? 25%? 50%???

hm

-slym