• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests - Existing Sets Only!

435 posts in this topic

• Administrator
Gemma,

Can you add the following books to the X-Force (Complete) and (Complete w/variants)?

New Mutants 100 (All 3 printings) 1st we are X-Force

New Mutants Annual 7 follows New Mutants 100 as an X-Force issue

Marvel Age 102 (it's the first preview of the X-Force #1)

Deadpool vs X-Force 1 - 4 and #1 Variant

*Edit* Sorry can you also add these as well. Just finished up being graded by you guys and hit shipped.

X-Force: Shatterstar #1 - #4

Young Blood/X-Force nn and nn variant

X-Force and Spider-Man: Sabotage nn

Thank you for the consideration.

Akoni

I'm going to let this sit over the weekend to be completely sure there are not any objections before these issues are added. I have made a note of your request, however! :)

Gemma,

Can you add the following books to the X-Force (Complete) and (Complete w/variants)?

*Edit* Sorry can you also add these as well. Just finished up being graded by you guys and hit shipped.

Akoni

I'm going to let this sit over the weekend to be completely sure there are not any objections before these issues are added. I have made a note of your request, however! :)

Thanks Gemma and Happy Holidays to you and the CGC Crew

Gemma,

Akoni

I have no dog in this horse race, but I do not understand what the above books have to do with the "X-Force" run? The NM books belong in the NM run, Marvel Age in its run, and others are minis or one shots. Looking at the Registry (X-Force) it is a hodgepodge of multiple runs (volumes 1-3) and includes books that are usually not in other like runs. I collect X-Men V2 and if someone tried to put books like this (that were not part of the run or reprints) in either of the registry sets I would be against it.

With the above stated and the current state of the X-Force registry set I don't really know what belongs and what does not.

Hi Gemma:

Set: Superman (2nd series -- 1987)

Request: There are three comics that don't belong in this set and that I'm requesting be removed from this set:

1. Superman: World of New Krypton 1: this is the first issue in a twelve-issue series that is already in the registry.

2. Superman: New Krypton Special 1: is tied to the above series, and is a one-shot already in the Superman One-Shot set. I suppose it could conceivably be added to the Superman: World of New Krypton set

3. Superman: The Wedding Album also ought to be removed (even though this will cost me 48 points!!). It is also already in the Superman One-Shots set. If we put all the one-shots tied to the Superman 1987 series in the Superman 1987 set, it would explode; PLUS, it makes no sense to have one-shots in the Superman (2nd series -- 1987) set when we already have the Superman One-Shots set to feature these issues.

Thanks, JM

Gemma,

Akoni

I have no dog in this horse race, but I do not understand what the above books have to do with the "X-Force" run? The NM books belong in the NM run, Marvel Age in its run, and others are minis or one shots. Looking at the Registry (X-Force) it is a hodgepodge of multiple runs (volumes 1-3) and includes books that are usually not in other like runs. I collect X-Men V2 and if someone tried to put books like this (that were not part of the run or reprints) in either of the registry sets I would be against it.

With the above stated and the current state of the X-Force registry set I don't really know what belongs and what does not.

This one as a request was more of a combination of what different other sets have in them already as well as being the set that was built and still has me as the only one with a dog in the fight (X-Force Complete w/variants)

As for the specific reasons for the request.

New Mutants #100 was the 1st appearance of the team X-Force or really the first time they state that the team has changed over from New Mutants to this new team the X-Force. The precedent for it is much like that of adding Marvel Graphic Novel #4 to the New Mutants title. It's there first appearance and why the request was made.

New Mutants Annual #7 follows #100 so at this point they are no longer the New Mutants but the X-Force. The precedent would be in the same example as the Walking Dead additions in the Chew series.

As for Marvel Age #102 it holds a 5 page preview within it. The precedent would be the same with the last example. Chew is previewed in the Walking Dead but is not an actual Chew title.

The Deadpool vs X-Force title requests would be the same as how they are requested in the Deadpool additions. It features the X-Force both in title as well as in the actual issue itself.

The Young Blood/X-Force and Sabotage are simply one shots that would hold no place with any other set but honestly there are a multiple of Registry Sets that have one shots from Avengers - Wolverine and all through.

The Shatterstar:X-Force request is much the same way as other sets like the New Mutants Set hold short series from Magik and such.

All of which have examples of why and or how these should or could have meaning within one collected set. But if not I guess I don't have much else to say other than why not...?

Lots of quoted words here

While I personally still do not understand the concept, I did took another look in the registry. It would seem the sets are separated into their respective runs and that the "Complete and Complete with Variants" are a melting pot of all things ever labeled X-Force. Adding these books to the specifically requested set would not harm any actual run currently in the registry and would seem to fulfill its intended purpose of collecting all things X-Force (in the set requested).

My passive objection was merely to advocate as it is easier to provide reason for why something should be added than argue later when one wants to remove something. Good luck with your X-Force set!

Hi Gemma:

Set: Superman: World of New Krypton

Request: Please add these issues

Superman: World of New Krypton 10 Variant, cert 1168570012

Superman: World of New Krypton 9 Variant, cert 1168570013

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

JM

Please add the following books to the Seduction of the Innocent (SOTI) registry set:

1) Diary Loves #31

2) T-Man #4

3) Crime Does Not Pay #76

4) Crime and Punishment #16

5) Batman #67

Diary Loves #31 and T-Man #4 are recently discovered SOTI books as documented here on the CGC boards and on the seductionoftheinnocent.org web site.

Crime Does Not Pay #76 and Crime and Punishment #16 both contain police captain Felix Lynch's "Don't Let Reformers Kid You" text piece on crime comic censorship and are noted in the SOTI on pages 98-99. These books are also documented on the seductionoftheinnocent.org web site.

The web site makes a strong case for Batman #67 being a SOTI book. Its strong enough documentation that I believe it should be added to the set.

I have attached links to the sections of seductionoftheinnocent.org that contains information documenting these as SOTI books. Thanks GAM

http://www.seductionoftheinnocent.org/CrimeAndPunishment16.htm

http://www.seductionoftheinnocent.org/FoundSOTI.htm

http://www.seductionoftheinnocent.org/LostSOTI.htm

http://www.lostsoti.org/

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=318924&Number=7157062#Post7157062

Please add....

Set: Valiant Variants

Issue: Secrets of the Valiant Universe #1 - silver foil logo

The regular edition of the book is common, but the silver foil is not (with only 3 documented/graded copies).

002.jpg

003.jpg

The Wizard Valiant Era special specifically lists it as a variant/premium:

WVS.jpg

Thanks!

Gemma,

Thank you for recently adding;

2014 Annual # 1

2014 Annual #1 Ross Variant

to the Fantastic Four with all variants set.

When you added them you placed them in there last space of the last page of the set.

I was wondering if it would be possible to place them with the rest of the annuals of the set, in sequence. These two would follow behind Annual #33 variant edition.

Sincerely,

Warren

Requesting the following additions to the below listed Registry sets at this time.

Set - Saga (Complete with variants)

Issues -

Set - Saga (1st prints only, no variants)

Issue -

Set - Manifest Destiny

Issues -

Set - The Sixth Gun

Issues -

The Sixth Gun Days of the Dead 1

The Sixth Gun Days of the Dead 2

The Sixth Gun Days of the Dead 3

Set - East of West

Issues -

Set - Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1-#4

Issue -

Batman Essentials-Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 1

Set - Batman One-shots

Issue -

Batman Essentials-Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 1

Gemma,

Can you add to the Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants) registry set the following issues?

Walking Dead #131

Walking Dead #132

Walking Dead #132 Loot Crate Edition

Walking Dead #133

Also, can you add to the Walking Dead (2003) registry set the following issues?

Walking Dead #131

Walking Dead #132

Walking Dead #133

Thank you!!! :)

Ryan

Requesting the following addition for the

Joe Madureira Cover Set

at this time.

Issue -

Uncanny X-Men (1963) #317 Foil Edition

As a side note, this set does include the non-foil, as well as the Foil Edition, for #316, but not the #317.

• Administrator

OK. Just a heads-up that I am trying to catch up on all the requests from over the holiday weekend and hope to get them all caught up before we are off for New Year's....however if not done by then I will definitely have everything caught up next week so there is no need to call Customer Service. THANKS!

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :whee: