• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Red Skull's daughter Sin?

An Inhuman?

I don't have any issues with KS herself (shrug)

It's just the Twilight movies sucked big time :sick:

If they cut that baseball scene and changed the location of the vampire showdown at the end, the first Twilight would have been a decent comicbook movie (boy with powers, falling for ordinary girl). Never got past New Moon, which was one of the most painful movies I have ever watched. I thought KS was always too distinct for every guy to fall in love with, I never bought her mopey attitude as Bella as an ordinary girl. She's a good actress, but she should have taken somewhat of a risk with her appearance, like Mae Whitman in the new movie The Duff, to play the girl next door type. My 2c

An Inhuman?

If they cut that baseball scene and changed the location of the vampire showdown at the end, the first Twilight would have been a decent comicbook movie (boy with powers, falling for ordinary girl). Never got past New Moon, which was one of the most painful movies I have ever watched. I thought KS was always too distinct for every guy to fall in love with, I never bought her mopey attitude as Bella as an ordinary girl. She's a good actress, but she should have taken somewhat of a risk with her appearance, like Mae Whitman in the new movie The Duff, to play the girl next door type. My 2c

I watched New Moon and it was worse than the first one :sick:

It wasn't the actors fault,it was the god awful writing :sick:

I think if they had better writers and actors,it wouldn't have sucked big time.

An Inhuman?

I watched New Moon and it was worse than the first one :sick:

It wasn't the actors fault,it was the god awful writing :sick:

I think if they had better writers and actors,it wouldn't have sucked big time.

I agree.

I felt the filmmakers only wanted one audience for this movie, young adult women (shirtless werewolves, goth-emo acting, etc) and they did some major cheddar. But, will these movies grow to the next generation without looking like cheese like The Hunger Games or to lesser extent Divergent? Nope. The actors could have really stepped up their game, but they pretty much took the paycheck. Look at diector Catherine Hardwick'es first movie "Thirteen" (a young adult movie about something) and look at her work on Twilight. It was as obvious as a mortgage payment as much as her new series "Eye Candy" is. At least, her failure "Plush" showed some edge was left in her work. That was needed in Twilight #1.

McFeely Discusses Marvel's 'Captain America: Civil War'

---------------------

How long has Marvel been mulling over this story? What was the sticking point, if any? McFeely offers a thoughtful response that reveals that they couldn't simply adapt the book because, in many ways, the actors playing these heroes have made the characters their own:

"It’s been on and off the table for a while, let’s put it that way, and it’s a challenge to do it and make sure that all the characters that we’ve established, and everyone’s established in the MCU are serviced and sound correct, right? Because there’s a difference between the characters in Civil War, which was written in 2006, 2007. The MCU doesn’t exist [when it was written]. There isn’t a Robert Downey Jr. or Chris Evans who has helped create the character so we need to make sure that that template gets adjusted and what have you in order to make sure it services these characters and not just sort of rip off their parts and make them look like them."

---------------------

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Casting Call Character Reveal?

--------------------

Along with the confirmation of directors, and the shooting dates, it also appears that we have a clear idea of who Daniel Brühl will play. The Rush star will (according to this site at least) portray Baron Zemo, the iconic Hydra villain, who fans have been dying to see on the big screen.

--------------------

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Casting Call Character Reveal?

--------------------

Along with the confirmation of directors, and the shooting dates, it also appears that we have a clear idea of who Daniel Brühl will play. The Rush star will (according to this site at least) portray Baron Zemo, the iconic Hydra villain, who fans have been dying to see on the big screen.

--------------------

Sweet!

Robert Downey Jr. Explains Why CAP3 Over IRON MAN 4

----------------------

It's learned that if Robert Downey Jr. didn't do Captain America 3, but maybe an Iron Man 4 instead, "Civil War" would have never happened.

They said to me, ‘If we have you, we can do this, or Cap 3 has to be something else.’ It’s nice to feel needed. And at this point it’s about helping each other, too. I look at it as a competition and I go, ‘Wow, maybe if these two franchises teamed up and I can take even a lesser position, with people I like and directors I respect, maybe we can keep things bumping along.’

Robert Downey Jr. also teases the seed for Civil War is planted in The Avengers 2.

It’s natural to change your views…The main thing to me is, what sort of incident could occur, and what sort of framework could we find Tony in? The clues about where we might find him next are in Ultron. But what would it take for Tony to completely turn around everything he’s stood for? Joss brings this up all the time. It’s kind of weird that these guys would have all these throw downs all over planet Earth and yet when the movie’s over, nobody minds. What would the American government do if this were real? Wouldn't it be interesting to see Tony doing something you wouldn't imagine?

----------------------

Robert Downey Jr. Talks CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR; "It's Not IRON MAN 4"

-------------------

On Whether Tony Stark Will Be Captain America: Civil War's Main Antagonist:

Yeah. Again, it’s natural to change your views. The main thing to me is, and this is where I think the Russos are quite brilliant and where Kevin backed the play, is what sort of incident could occur and what sort of framework could we find Tony in? The clues are in Ultron about where we might find him next. But what would it take for Tony to completely turn around everything he’s stood for, quote-unquote, because he was the right-wing guy who could still do his own thing. When the first Iron Man came out the liberals and conservatives were both like, ‘You’re our guy’. Yes! Score! But the idea of Tony being able to march into Washington and say, ‘I’ll sign up’, wouldn’t have made sense if the political climate in the real world hadn’t shifted the way it has. It’s a little bit of things following a real world continuum in, ‘What would you do?’ There’s always the bigger overarching question, that Joss brings up all the time - it’s kind of weird that these guys would have all these throw downs all over planet Earth and it looked like a little collateral damage happened over there, and yet when the movie’s over, it’s like nobody minds. You have to figure, ‘Were you to ask the question, what would the American government do if this were real? Wouldn’t it be interesting to see Tony doing something you wouldn’t imagine?’

-------------------

I enjoyed the video Bosco. Civil War was the last current Marvel comic I read. I'm pretty far behind the times on Marvel books, at this point. Recently I've been making an effort to catch-up on the current creative talent but still haven't read anything. Captain Marvel is the only book which tempts me, thus far.