• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Possible Details On Martin Freeman's Role In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

photo1-The-Worlds-End.jpg

HE'S AN ANDROID!

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

Just kidding.

Apparently you were on the right track, as in his weekly Marvel column, Latino Review's Dave Gonzalez reveals the following: "Martin Freeman plays some sort of interrogator and he will return to appear in Black Panther." Dave presents that info as fact, but also adds his own speculation.

When the news broke there were a lot of guesses that he might be playing either Henry Gyrich (Government Liaison to the Avengers), or Everett Ross (a Government agent assigned to Wakanda), and Dave also reckons it'll be the latter.

First CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Synopsis Confirms 'General Ross,' 'Vision' And 'Ant-Man'

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The Winter Solider,” Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger”). The film returns Chris Evans as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl, Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman.

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

No doubt the Hulk will be at the heart of the movie's debate given that his rampage in Africa had them talking about arresting Bruce Banner in AOU...and that Whedon had a senator asking at the end of The Avengers, "Who are these superheroes? And why aren't they responsible for the destruction done in the city?" Marvel has done a good job setting up Civil War in this respect.

I do love the idea that every character has to make a moral choice in this movie. With the screenwriters and directors of 'Winter Soldier' at the helm, it should be quite good -- another Avengers movie only a year away!

Dan

Wonder who they'll have taking the place of the New Warriors in the storyline?

I read somewhere that Crossbones is the one to trigger the events of Civil War. Don't recall where I read it...

--Phil

http://io9.com/the-entire-marvel-cinematic-universe-has-been-cast-in-c-1702873410

So who's ready for Avengers 3?

Avengers fatigue as said by no one ever.

Weird they didn't include Nick Fury. Presumably Shield would be the ones hunting down superheroes.

I would guess at least a few people from the Netflix shows would show up too. At least in cameo or huge group settings. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones seem like the most obvious candidates (though I would guess not all 3). Probably wouldn't kill them to have Skye or Deathlok from Agents of Shield involved too.

Wonder who they'll have taking the place of the New Warriors in the storyline?

I read somewhere that Crossbones is the one to trigger the events of Civil War. Don't recall where I read it...

--Phil

That is what I read as well.