• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Super glad I was able to pick up a HG set of 359/360 in between the movies.

They gained some traction before Winter Soldier was released but really fizzled after we saw how minor his part was. Cool character and a good performance by Grillo nonetheless.

I would assume these would heat up even more than before with him being the lead antagonist. Seems like either everyone already has their copies or forgot about them because I'm not seeing a frenzy for them right now.

Frank Grillo MAY Make an Appearance in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

---------------------

“[Winter Soldier] was only a taste of what’s to come with the next film, and I couldn’t be more humbled and excited,” Grillo stated. “They just kind of called and said, ‘What kind of shape are you in? We’re going to need a body scan.’ They scan your body so that whatever you wear fits you like a glove….We all know what Crossbones represents in his world, so when they called me and said we gotta do the body scan, I was like ‘Okay!’”

Now that may not be an official confirmation, but Frank has made it clear that if Crossboness is indeed going to make an appearance in Captain America 3 he’ll be sporting the famous white and black skull-mask. Grillo even went on to talk about playing the role of a major Captain America villain, “He’s a badass” Grillo said. “He is just vicious. I like the idea that it’s no holds barred. I was 15 pounds bigger when I did Cap 2, and I’ll put another 15 pounds on to do Cap 3. I love the physicality. It changes the way you look; it changes the way you feel."

---------------------

Working Title For CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Revealed, But What Does It Mean?

-----------------------

According to Production Weekly, as of late October, that working title is Sputnik. These title ruses are usually nothing more than subtle references to certain minor aspects of the movies - like how The Avengers had "Group Hug" and Captain America: The Winter Soldier had "Freezer Burn" - but it's always fun to speculate on where Marvel Studios might have drawn inspiration from, and what it may indicate about the movie.

With Captain America: Civil War, "Sputnik" is of Russian origin and is associated with the first Soviet space mission (among other things) in real-life. However, in Marvel Comics, the name did not only belong to an obscure character, who first appeared in Captain America #352, and later became known as Vostok. In the Death of Captain America storyline, "Sputnik" was also used as a "one-time only shutdown code" against the Winter Soldier, aka Bucky Barnes, which was implanted by his Soviet Masters.

-----------------------

Sounds like there are some twists and turns ahead for ole Cap.

Marvel Studios/Sony SPIDER-MAN Deal Could Still Happen; New Details Revealed

--------------------

Now, the Marvel Studios deal. According to Sony sources, Sony Pictures didn't actually reject a trilogy of movies that Marvel would produce but not have creative control over (somthing which didn't mae much sense when Sony are the ones who have run the character into the ground). Instead, it was a co-production deal which would have seen Marvel and Sony splitting costs 60/40, with Kevin Feige and company in control of the character and setting him up for appearances in the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, like that rumoured Captain America: Civil War role.

--------------------

Bosco... they were also reporting that the deal fell through as Sony was not willing to relinquish creative control.

However...

Another boardie thought of something that has some SERIOUS merit.

Ant-Man=Spider-Man ;)

Substituting and adapting the material to fit a conflicted Scott Lang would also work. For those that cry out and say no way... they already changed Ultron's creator to Stark. Who is to say that other changes are not made so long as the concepts continue to be conveyed?

Ant-Man=Spider-Man ;)

I am in total agreement with this thinking, and having a funny actor like Paul Rudd helps make this even more a potential reality.

Marvel Studios Announces A Surprise Event

Was Guardians of the Galaxy supposed to be one of the biggest hit movies for Marvel?

So expand that out to Ant-Man with a very talented and funny actor, and maybe a lightbulb going off above Feige's head when it hit him 'HEY, WE DON'T REALLY NEED SPIDER-MAN DIRECTLY..."

Marvel proved they don't need him if they really put some effort into this, and can't get Sony to see the light.

Bosco... they were also reporting that the deal fell through as Sony was not willing to relinquish creative control.

However...

Ant-Man=Spider-Man ;)

Substituting and adapting the material to fit a conflicted Scott Lang would also work. For those that cry out and say no way... they already changed Ultron's creator to Stark. Who is to say that other changes are not made so long as the concepts continue to be conveyed?

Sounds good to me.

He was in a few productions before Fantastic Four, including appearing on an episode of The Fugitive. But nothing I am seeing that really made him stand out like he does now.

'Fierce People' with Diane Lane was a movie he was in the same year as FF. I don't even remember this coming out.

Anthony Machie On What Could Happen In 'CIVIL WAR'

---------------------

When Windy City Live asked Mackie about rumors, or rather speculation, that he'll become Captain America like in recent comics, he replied: "Well, you know there are many incarnations in the comic book, and we are now going into the Civil War. So, if you look at it in the comic book, Cap gives Bucky the shield, Bucky gives it back to Cap, Cap gives it to [sam Wilson]. Then Bucky goes off and marries Black Widow, so I keep the shield... give it back to Cap, and recently Cap wanted to be old, so he gave me the shield back and now I got the Shield; I'm not giving it back."

---------------------

---------------------

In a separate interview, at the premiere of Black or White, Hollywood Chicago asked Anthony Mackie about his new Falcon suit in Captain America: Civil War. "The new falcon suit is gonna be much better than the old Falcon suit; gotta rebuild," he said.

---------------------