• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Suppose I haven't read any Marvel comics since the early 90s, and wanted to read Civil War. What would I need to pick up? Bearing in mind I have a completionist nature and would not want to miss any relevant prologue or tangents within reason.

Suppose I haven't read any Marvel comics since the early 90s, and wanted to read Civil War. What would I need to pick up? Bearing in mind I have a completionist nature and would not want to miss any relevant prologue or tangents within reason.

If you want to just be familiar with the story, then just read the Civil War series by itself. The other related comics are just filler material, although the Civil War: Spider-Man books are pretty good.

Robert Downey Jr. also teases the seed for Civil War is planted in The Avengers 2.

I think the seed was planted even in Avengers 1, they just didn't know it yet, the way Cap and Stark immediately butted heads on ideological/moral/personal views like they did on the helicarrier.

Do you like trades or just real comics? Civil War was what go me actually buying new comics again (instead of just filling runs off ebay of older stuff).

A lot of people like to spout off about whats good and whats bad. Civil War was a big deal, because it captured the mood of the country at that time, touched on political subjects, and actually managed to crack into mainstream media attention.

The main Civil War mini-series, Captain America, Spider-mans books, and New Avengers probably constitute the heart of the story.

Do you like trades or just real comics? Civil War was what go me actually buying new comics again (instead of just filling runs off ebay of older stuff).

A lot of people like to spout off about whats good and whats bad. Civil War was a big deal, because it captured the mood of the country at that time, touched on political subjects, and actually managed to crack into mainstream media attention.

The main Civil War mini-series, Captain America, Spider-mans books, and New Avengers probably constitute the heart of the story.

Comics for collecting, trades for reading. I just want to read Civil War so... I see a bunch of trades with various sub-titles. Guess I should grab the main tpb then, and your suggestions. There's also a couple of 'Front Line' volumes (shrug)

I always saw Frontline as the next important title to the main title.

You can totally get away with reading the trade that contains #1-7 and it's pretty self contained.

Jim

Hawkeye confirmed to appear in CIVIL WAR.

G1BsH8o.jpg

--------------------

The Hollywood Reporter has nonchalantly revealed that the actor is set to "shoot Captain America: Civil War this spring" before a number of other movie projects. To be certain this claim wasn't just fueled by previous rumors, we asked the trade source if the casting was a done deal and was told, "as far as I'm hearing, yes," in response. Although it is not really "official" until Marvel Studios makes the announcement, expect Hawkeye to appear in the first "Phase Three" installment, which will see the ever-growing superhero community become divided. Among those Renner will be reunited with is Black Widow actress Scarlett Johansson, who recently assured that Civil War is her next gig.

--------------------

'Sputnik' in Atlanta, Georgia has some casting needs for Southeast Asian men and women.

Extras Casting Call For CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

--------------------

Casting for SOUTHEAST ASIAN men and women (Thai, Indonesian, Cambodian, Malaysian, Filipino, East Indian, Vietnamese, Singaporean, etc…)

Ages 21 to 75 for an upcoming movie working in Fayetteville, GA.

*****************Important Notes*******************************

1. The pay rate is $64 for 8 hrs with OT after that

2. Work date is tentatively April 27th, however please submit asap for photo selection in advance.

3. Please NOTE the submission email below is a NEW one

Please submit to: SPUTNIKEXTRAS@GMAIL.COM and put “SOUTHEAST ASIAN” in the subject line

PLEASE INCLUDE: CURRENT PHOTOS – (1 face photo and 1full length **AND** If you have photos of you in ethnic wardrobe, please include one in addition!)

Then please List the following:

First and Last NAME

PHONE NUMBER (s) (XXX-XXX-XXXX format)

Email address

CITY & STATE where you live (where you will be coming from!)

Height

Weight

SIZES: Men: Jacket, collar, sleeve, waist , inseam, shoe Women: Dress size, bust (bra/cup) waist, pants, shoe

--------------------

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Starts Shooting In 2 Weeks; First Synopsis Revealed

According to Collider, a Captain America: Civil War casting call for extras in the Atlanta area has gone out and is seeking "many ethnicities", for a shoot date of April 1st. With a May 6th release date scheduled we figured production would have to be commencing pretty soon, but I don't think anyone predicted it'd be quite this soon.

"Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies."

my brain cant produce dopamine fast enough when reading updates about this movie.

This might be the first non-avengers, avengers movie, that does avengers numbers :)

If ironman 3 can do 1.2 bill, i dont see how this one, especially post AV2, isnt doing at least 1.5-1.8s

New CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Casting Call Seeks Wakandian African Extras Among Others

Tammy Smith Casting now reports that Civil War is looking for "Upscale men and woman" (Men in dark suits and women in dark pants/skirt suits and/or dark conservative dresses ), "Military Men" (with real experience as Military or Weapons/ tactical training), "African men and women" (Nigerian, Ethiopian, Kenyan, etc in casual clothes or ethnic wardrobe), and lastly "College Students" (Ivy League College appropriate attire required).