• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Daniel Bruhl Confirms Baron Zemo Role in ‘Captain America: Civil War’

The confirmation comes from the Spanish-born, German-raised star himself in an interview with The Independent where – with Captain America: Civil War beginning to shoot in the coming days – felt comfortable (read: safe from Marvel) enough to finally spill the beans when asked about playing Baron Helmut Zemo (the “Helmut” is significant – more on this later):

“I think I can tell you that without being thrown into Marvel prison… For the first few days I’ll walk around like a little boy, just amazed by the megalomania of it. It’s such a huge project. We could do 20 films with the budget.”

Wrong date on that poster.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the date on the poster.

KAw5wuN.jpg

Instead of '2015' it notes "2016'.

:foryou:

So, it opens next week? (shrug)

Other way around: the poster font makes it appear '2015' but it actually states '2016' when you zoom in.

Martin Freeman has joined the cast of Captain America: Civil War

The ever-growing cast of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR has added yet another familiar face to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Bilbo Baggins himself, Martin Freeman, has joined next year's comic book showdown in an undisclosed role. Freeman joins Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johannson, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Daniel Bruhl, Samuel L. Jackson, and Sebastian Stan in what many are dubbing AVENGERS 2.5.

Marvel's Kevin Feige released this statement about the casting of Freeman.

"From his roles as Bilbo Baggins and Doctor Watson to Tim in 'The Office,' Martin's range from the dramatic to the comedic has consistently impressed us," said "Captain America: Civil War" Producer Kevin Feige. "We couldn't be more honored or excited to have such a talented actor join the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

That's weird.

Why?

I'll keep expecting him to look at the camera with that Tim face.

Also I can never look at him without thinking of a Fisher Price Man, just as Gareth says in one of the Office episodes lol

That's weird.

Why?

Also I can never look at him without thinking of a Fisher Price Man, just as Gareth says in one of the Office episodes lol

You are weird.

That's weird.

Why?

You are weird.

Takes one to know one!

That's weird.

Why?

You are weird.

I read it as Morgan Freeman.

That's weird.

Why?

You are weird.

Takes one to know one!

Yes - as soon as I see an actor in a movie I think of their previous work & then get utterly confused as well.

That's weird.

Why?

I keep thinking of Oliver from 'The World's End'.

I read it as Morgan Freeman.

Martin Freeman has joined the cast of Captain America: Civil War

The ever-growing cast of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR has added yet another familiar face to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Bilbo Baggins himself, Martin Freeman, has joined next year's comic book showdown in an undisclosed role. Freeman joins Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johannson, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Daniel Bruhl, Samuel L. Jackson, and Sebastian Stan in what many are dubbing AVENGERS 2.5.

Marvel's Kevin Feige released this statement about the casting of Freeman.

"From his roles as Bilbo Baggins and Doctor Watson to Tim in 'The Office,' Martin's range from the dramatic to the comedic has consistently impressed us," said "Captain America: Civil War" Producer Kevin Feige. "We couldn't be more honored or excited to have such a talented actor join the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

Most probably because Morgan Freeman appears in anything. But you better say his name - and do it right.

lol