• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

What was in the trunk of the car? In the case that Bucky ended up taking?

A version of the super-soldier serum.

Was the pseudo super soldier that beat the snot out of Bucky really Simon Williams?

It looks like the Kree based serum that Hive has been using lately in Agents of SHEILD.

No, it's mentioned that it's Howard Stark's super soldier formula.

B minus from me... my thoughts in the spoiler tag.

I think this movie is over hyped.

I usually don't say this about movies, but I felt it was too long. A lot of it was kind of boring. I have to say, the more super heroes they get on screen at once, the less impressive they seem. Everyone felt diminished... all I saw were a bunch of people running around in costumes. It felt like a bunch of 4th graders playing 'super heroes' at recess, switching sides, calling time outs...

I didn't really care about any of the characters. The Civil War books at least brought out a bit more tragedy, and emotion... this just ended up feeling like a CG demo.

Cross Bones was great. Spider-Man was good... lots of promise for Homecoming. Even Black Panther was pretty cool. Ant Man/ Giant Man was funny.

Zemo was interesting... his motive was very clear. It was nice to have a villain that didn't have super powers.

all I saw were a bunch of people running around in costumes.

Some of us really have become spoiled and jaded about this stuff on film.

You should see. There is this one fellow that complains about flat-chested superheroines, when the characters are too tall, too short, costumes that don't match the comics...

hm

Wait a minute.

:baiting:

You should see. There is this one fellow that complains about flat-chested superheroines, when the characters are too tall, too short, costumes that don't match the comics...

I'm certainly guilty of the first criteria, but the rest? Nope.

I'm certainly guilty of the first criteria, but the rest? Nope.

Gave you a moment to correct the error.

:baiting:

We'll see.

I understand it's just your opinion, but 'greatness?' Really?

The whole premise of the movie was essentially based around 'wait, you mean we killed an innocent bystander?' Really?

Some of it was entertaining, and that's about the most I could expect. But 'greatness?' :)

Forgive me for not reading all 68 pages, but Gen. Ross is upset about the damage the Avengers caused in NY, even though the government had already ordered a nuclear strike on it?

So the Civil War movie avoided the idea of the registration act which required that superheroes reveal their secret identities like the comic version of Civil War did. Good decision or not? hm

(Click for full size)

Spider-Man-02012016.jpeg

Forgive me for not reading all 68 pages, but Gen. Ross is upset about the damage the Avengers caused in NY, even though the government had already ordered a nuclear strike on it?

Was it the government or S.H.I.E.L.D?

nvm i just remebered it was the world security council

I enjoyed the movie but felt they tried to include too much. Bringing other heroes and the registration into it would have muddled it even more.

You can do accountability and public exposure without involving a zillion characters.

OUCH

OUCH

+1

I didn't even think about that fact during the movie. If only Cap had remembered that fact when Ross was lecturing the Avengers.

I understand it's just your opinion, but 'greatness?' Really?

The whole premise of the movie was essentially based around 'wait, you mean we killed an innocent bystander?' Really?

Some of it was entertaining, and that's about the most I could expect. But 'greatness?' :)

I'm confident that somewhere somehow Orson Welles was revived, secretly directed this opus as I've never seen art so masterfully done on the screen before

Oscars cancel the show and hand best picture, director, actor, actress and supporting roles to Civil War

Finely got around to seeing it this evening. Solid film 7 or 8 out of 10. Like many I wish they had paired down the number of heroes just a little so they could have concentrated on three or four with maybe one or two extras for the fight scenes.

My daughter was kind of surprised with how powerful Scarlet Witch was. And as a teen I think she identified with her.