• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marihuana Variant

29 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]Really..?

From Chuck Email:

As regards news from the comics world, our offer of a free HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1 on Friday blew up on us, at least in part because it turns out that DC Comics limited the Rub-and-Sniff Marijuana edition to distribution in the USA, only. We have no such restriction in place, so we will ship copies of this highly desirable special edition not only to anywhere in the USA, but also to any International destination. Place any minimum $50 order with us over the next couple of days, and we will include a free copy of the special HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1 in with your order, at no charge. You must, however, request your free copy in the "notes" section of our online order form. We are down to under 50 copies remaining, so limit your request to one copy, please.

[/font]

(tsk):eyeroll::facepalm:

39369075220_1_zpsfeb4d22b.gif

I'm wondering why they chose marijuana? Was it to cause a controversy? Because it's not. Was it to make it more rare? Because it's not.

Granted, I haven't read the recent HQ series so I don't know but is there anything in that comic to suggest that it caters to stoners?

And I understand that stoners like comics too, but they also like McDonalds while Jack-in-the-Box seems to be more 420 friendly.

Yeah, it kind of feels like DC was trying to stir up some controversy/publicity, but it seems to have been met with a collective shrug from comics fans, and I haven't seen so much as a blip about it in the mainstream media.

I picked one up the other day. My LCS had pulled the regular edition with Christmas tree "rub and smell"

Someone should post a scan of the back cover of either of the smell variant books. I thought ti was funny