• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

The other thing the trailer makes me think about... again... is how did Marvel and DC never get together and do a crossover book with Captain America and Wonder Woman during WWII? Stories of both of them during that era are always among their best... and having them togther for one team-up would have been epic. Wouldn't that have been a fabulous treasury edition?

Just sayin'....

I have to admit I was one of the first to jump on the "Gal Gadot is not right for this" bandwagon.

I will now admit I was wrong. She's killing it.

If it's any consolation, that's a much smaller bandwagon than the "Batfleck No!" bandwagon... ;)

I have to admit I was one of the first to jump on the "Gal Gadot is not right for this" bandwagon.

No sure if the accent won't be bothering me throughout the entire movie. It's cute at first, but throughout an entire film? hm

No sure if the accent won't be bothering me throughout the entire movie. It's cute at first, but throughout an entire film? hm

IMO the accent adds to the character, it doesn't subtract.

IMO the accent adds to the character, it doesn't subtract.

^^

I take it as a stronger representation of the character coming from a land that isn't just another English-speaking society. But then it would leave me wondering when Steve Trevor is rescued, are they speaking Greek or some other language?

But her accent does not bother me in the least.

Is it because it's not Hellenic?

:baiting:

Is it because it's not Hellenic?

:baiting:

:o You know me too well :blush:

Warner Bros. Chief Executive Says He's Seen Wonder Woman

wonder-woman-2017-wraps-182019.jpg

ext year, fans will see Wonder Woman debut in a standalone film before she teams up with her comrades in Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

And, now, we have learned there is a complete cut of Wonder Woman reeled up over at Warner Brothers.

In a recent interview, the chief executive at Warner Bros. confirmed that he had watched Wonder Woman when he spoke with the New York Times. Kevin Tsujihara said he is confident about the studio’s superhero future now that Geoff Johns and Jon Berg are helming the DC Entertainment line-ups. “The thing that really makes me confident is that I’ve seen ‘Wonder Woman,’ and it’s great,” Tsujihara explained.

If Tsujihara is happy with the film, then fans can rest assured that director Patty Jenkins and her team are hard at work finalizing Wonder Woman. The upcoming film is a long-anticipated one by both fans and critics, so Warner Bros. must understand that the bar for Diana is set high.

Anybody catch the 70's Wonder Woman episode "Skateboard Wiz" on MeTV last weekend? That's not what you do with the character. At the end she's in a foot chase with a couple of goons in a car with a girl they just nabbed (who can skateboard.) So, she does her spin into "Skateboarding Wonder Woman." Complete with kneepads and helmet. Camp, with a capital C. :P

Anybody catch the 70's Wonder Woman episode "Skateboard Wiz" on MeTV last weekend? That's not what you do with the character. At the end she's in a foot chase with a couple of goons in a car with a girl they just nabbed (who can skateboard.) So, she does her spin into "Skateboarding Wonder Woman." Complete with kneepads and helmet. Camp, with a capital C. :P

That'll be in the movie sequel.

That'll be in the movie sequel.

:whee:

Boingo, boingo, boingo... Boingo, boingo, boingo.

QHfAgRh.png

Actress Gal Gadot, who is the current Wonder Woman in DC Movies and voice actress Susan Eisenberg, who is the animated Wonder Woman met today.

Susan Eisenberg has been the voice behind the strong Amazon Princess since 2001 when she landed the role of Wonder Woman for the animated Justice League series.

She went on to voice Diana Prince in Justice League Unlimited and feature-length DC animated movies Justice League: Doom, Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, and 2013's Wonder Woman.

Millie '11' Bobby Brown sure is taking full advantage of her new celebrity status. Though I think she was waiting for 'Stranger Things' to be mentioned - which comes up.

:applause:

Here is the full panel with Gal Gadot and Ray Fisher.