• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

I love that Wonder Woman is a current pop culture thing again, and looking good doing it. My reaction was very similar to seeing Spider-Man, even if just for a moment, back where he belongs

FORBES: Deborah Snyder On 'Wonder Woman'

Forbes: You’re bringing the biggest, greatest, & most well-known female superhero to the big screen, first in Batman v Superman and then next year in Wonder Woman’s solo film. It took a lot of time to get here, but can you speak for a moment about how proud you and others are to achieve this, and the importance of it in the larger reality of modern superhero cinema?

Snyder: Yeah, for me my favorite thing about this movie is that we get to bring Wonder Woman to the big screen for the first time. She’s 75 years old this year, and the fact this is the first time she’s going to be in a movie is kind of crazy to me.

But you know something? Maybe it’s time. Because there’s been a lot of talk about gender equality, and Wonder Woman historically through the comics has always represented women’s place in the world, and she’s changed and evolved as women have. I think right now that is the dialogue, the fact that she’s coming out on the big screen. I think that is an amazing and wonderful thing, and it’s something I’m enormously proud of.

I’m also enormously proud to have Wonder Woman have her own stand-alone film, and to have hired Patty Jenkins, who I think is going to be the first female director of a big studio tentpole action film like this. And that’s about time, too. Because it’s not only important for us to have these strong female characters that young girls and boys can look up to, but it’s also important to me to get as many women behind the camera. We have a lot of work to do in terms of that, and that’s something we’ve been striving for as we’ve been hiring on these movies. Not just for Wonder Woman, but even for Justice League. Those are things that are very important to me.

Gal Gadot On The Difference Between Zack Snyder's WONDER WOMAN And Patty Jenkins' Version

"There's only so much I can say. But ... the Wonder Woman you're going to see in "Batman v Superman" is a very different Wonder Woman that you will see in the standalone movie. The Wonder Woman that you see in "Batman v Superman" is a woman who has been around, and she's very experienced. She understands a lot about man. Whereas in the standalone movie we are telling the grown-up story. Diana becoming Wonder Woman, and this was a story that was never told before. When she starts this journey, she's very pure. She's more naive, she's this young idealist who does not really understand the complexities of life and the complexities of men."

I like what I am reading. Seeing the journey of Diana from her early days to now will be interesting.

I think they took this idea from Marvel and Captain America. It will work well.

Gal Gadot Says WONDER WOMAN Has Moments Of Humor

"It's very interesting," Gal Gadot told DigitalSpy while promoting BvS, "It has moments of humor, but it's pretty dark."

The character will have her "coming of age" in the film, and starts out "more naive," the star said.

"She's this young idealist. She's pure. Very different to the experienced, super-confident grown-up woman you've seen [in BvS]," explained Gadot.

That all fits well with what we already know about the movie, that it's an origin story with a dual setting of Themiscyra, the island home of the Amazons, and World War I Europe, where she'll get her first taste of "man's world." The war of wars is inherently going to be a "pretty dark" setting, of course, but it's nice to know we might see some bits of happiness and laughter along the way.

tumblr_o54skd69k41uorz8zo4_500.jpg

Those are WW I German uniforms. Though the giveaway is the name of the boat, 'Schwaben'.

Are they attacking Themyscira? The Hun wouldn't stand a chance...

Dutch Model Doutzen Kroes Rumored To Be In DC's Wonder Woman

Last month, she told the Dutch Telegraph that she had big plans in the international film world. Today, the surprising news arrived that she is supposed to be a character in DC's Wonder Woman feature film, directed by Patty Jenkins. Doutzen Kroes is in Italy at the moment, seen from her Instagram posts. Kroes even posted a photo of herself with the words ''Warrior shot''.

dSl9s4E.jpg

Dutch Model Doutzen Kroes Rumored To Be In DC's Wonder Woman

Last month, she told the Dutch Telegraph that she had big plans in the international film world. Today, the surprising news arrived that she is supposed to be a character in DC's Wonder Woman feature film, directed by Patty Jenkins. Doutzen Kroes is in Italy at the moment, seen from her Instagram posts. Kroes even posted a photo of herself with the words ''Warrior shot''.

Artemis...? hm