• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Gal Gadot Says Sexuality Is Part Of Wonder Woman's Power

"It was incredibly organic how Wonder Woman came into the story," Snyder tells Empire. "The whole concept came of, 'Let's not save anything. Let's try it all.' Then Wonder Woman's entrance made us realize we were much closer to the Justice League than we thought. We realized we were one movie away."

Snyder also reveals in the article that Wonder Woman is 5,000-years-old, and Gadot says Wonder Woman has taken some time off from being a superhero when Dawn of Justice begins. "Because she's seen it all, she has seen what humans can do, so it was very hard for her to come back and fight," Gadot shared. "They have the same attitude. Although when she is Diana she tries to blend in, she is not too outgoing. I don't want people to think she is perfect. She can be naughty."

Gal Gadot Thought She Was Auditioning for Catwoman in Batman V Superman

When an actress like Gal Gadot gets called in to audition for Warner Bros. and Zack Snyder, she makes her own assumptions - and Wonder Woman wasn't part of her initial thoughts.

"I mean, I could have guessed. I thought it was going to be Selina [Kyle aka Catwoman], you know?" she admitted to Empire in a new interview. The actress wasn't told the role, so her assumption was fairly logical.

When she got called back to go test with Ben Affleck, who plays Bruce Wayne/Batman in the film, she was told what role she was actually trying for, that of Wonder Woman.

"I was very excited," Gadot said. "Anytime I had general meetings in LA, I always said that my dream role was to do an empowered, independent woman who doesn't rely on men."

She definitely landed a dream role.

:applause:

Jaimie Alexander Talks Losing WONDER WOMAN To Gal Gadot

"Someone should get that girl a sandwich and milkshake."

:jokealert:

"I’m excited to see what Gal Gadot's going to do with the role. I was one of a few people that were an obvious choice for Wonder Woman, but it was never going to happen. I’m contracted with Marvel and it would (be) strange. Sif, in her way, is Marvel’s Wonder Woman. They’re both ethereal and have armor and a sword, and have special abilities; the physicality of the role is very similar. The thing I really enjoy about Marvel is that they start with a character first and all the explosions and costumes, the glitz and glam, are secondary to who the actual character is deep down. That’s something I haven’t really been able to find with DC Comics. I know that’s a bold statement, but it’s been my experience."

"It was incredibly organic how Wonder Woman came into the story," Snyder tells Empire. "The whole concept came of, 'Let's not save anything. Let's try it all.' Then Wonder Woman's entrance made us realize we were much closer to the Justice League than we thought. We realized we were one movie away."

Snyder also reveals in the article that Wonder Woman is 5,000-years-old, and Gadot says Wonder Woman has taken some time off from being a superhero when Dawn of Justice begins. "Because she's seen it all, she has seen what humans can do, so it was very hard for her to come back and fight," Gadot shared. "They have the same attitude. Although when she is Diana she tries to blend in, she is not too outgoing. I don't want people to think she is perfect. She can be naughty."

Hey, Kevin! Lose the coat. Doesn't make you look thinner.

She's reeeeaaaaally good at sex.

From the labeling of a new Wonder Woman statue.

Batman V. Superman: Diana Prince's Occupation Revealed

9AfCGSi.png

"The world’s first and foremost female Super Hero, Wonder Woman at once embodies the unrivaled force and supreme grace of a born warrior, and the genuine compassion and understanding of a true humanitarian. As a symbol of equality, power, and truth, her natural confidence and unmistakable intelligence make her an unequalled, if unexpected, ally.

The immortal Amazonian Princess Diana keeps her eyes and ears open for intrigue as the beautiful and mysterious antiquities dealer, Diana Prince."

Gal Gadot Explains Why She's Proud To Bring Wonder Woman To Life

Gal Gadot, the actress that will bring the 75-year-old character to life in DC's cinematic universe, is very proud of the opportunity.

"Most of the movies, the men are in charge, the men are the most powerful ones," Gadot told Entertainment Weekly. "You’ve had Superman and Batman and everyone, but Wonder Woman was never there."

Gadot is looking forward to sharing the moment with her daughter, who is only 4-years-old, when at the appropriate age to view the film. "I’m so happy when she grows up she’s going to see a female figure she can be inspired by," she said.

131780.jpg

During an interview with Glamour Magazine, the 30-year-old actress was asked what she hoped to bring to the role, and what standard she wanted to set for the character's first-ever big screen outing.

"It was important for me that we show how independent she is. She is not relying on a man, and she's not there because of a love story. She's not there to serve someone else. She has so many strengths and powers, but at the end of the day she's a woman with a lot of emotional intelligence...I think women are amazing for being able to show what they feel. I admire women who do. I think it's a mistake when women cover their emotions to look tough. I say let's own who we are and use it as a strength."

Cc8-BV3WoAA49Mb.jpg

Cc8-BWhW0AAt8ec.jpg

There can be only one!!!!

-T

I get this reference. And can here the Queen soundtrack in the background