• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

EW has debuted a brand new image from Patty Jenkins' solo Wonder Woman movie, which features our first glimpse of Diana's homeland. Along with a new shot of Gal Gadot as Diana in training, we also get our very first look at some of the supporting Amazonian characters: Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), General Antiope (Robin Wright) and her lieutenant, Menalippe (Lisa Loven Kongsli).

Gal Gadot On The Difference Between Zack Snyder's WONDER WOMAN And Patty Jenkins' Version

"There's only so much I can say. But ... the Wonder Woman you're going to see in "Batman v Superman" is a very different Wonder Woman that you will see in the standalone movie. The Wonder Woman that you see in "Batman v Superman" is a woman who has been around, and she's very experienced. She understands a lot about man. Whereas in the standalone movie we are telling the grown-up story. Diana becoming Wonder Woman, and this was a story that was never told before. When she starts this journey, she's very pure. She's more naive, she's this young idealist who does not really understand the complexities of life and the complexities of men."

I like what I am reading. Seeing the journey of Diana from her early days to now will be interesting.

Batman v Superman star Gal Gadot: 'We need more female superheroes'

Wonder Woman is calling for reinforcements. Israeli actress Gal Gadot, who portrays the fierce Amazon warrior in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and is getting her own Wonder Woman standalone movie next year, said during a Twitter Q&A on Tuesday that the world needs more butt-kicking female characters like hers.

Asked how it feels to be a role model for girls everywhere, Gadot replied, “It feels great! Being a mother, it’s very important that #WonderWoman comes back to life, we need more female [superheroes].”

Speaking to her favorite thing about being Wonder Woman, Gadot said she loves “everything she stands for — compassion, love, truth, justice, equality. She’s a whole lot of woman!”

I get goosebumps during BvS when she shows up. Just such an awesome intro with her theme playing in the background. Can't wait for the solo movie.

You got that right

Saw BvS last night and I have to say Gal stole the show. She is going to redefine the role much like the gal playing Electra in the new Netflix DD series is doing to that role.

I am really quite amazed they seem to have really pulled it off. The WW movie may be the best thing DC puts out after it finally makes it's debut. :)

That might have been the intent.

That's my fear

I think Brian48 is right. Her stand-alone film is going to take you through her history. So that was probably the hint she is an ancient force of good, and a warrior at heart.

badass_zpsa2b07099.gif

giphy.gif