• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your GA '05 collecting goals

63 posts in this topic

My 2005 goal is to upgrade a few of my Batman's (really want a nice copy of 73), finish my Detective run from issue 270 to present, add a few more Spider-man to my run, and last, but far from least, pick up one Adventures with a Sandman cover.

My goal for 2005 is to collect EVERY TIMELY COMIC EVER PRINTED! , not just one of each issue, but every single copy ever printed! sumo.gif

I want them all to myself !

Buh, ha, ha, ha !!! devil.gif

P.S.: And to get some more Catman Comics in G/VG to Fine condition. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

yay.gif

Dude you are [#@$%!!!] unless you have a time machine. Every copy ever PRINTED, so many destroyed that I'm affraid there are going to be many New Adventure 26's for you my friend.

27_laughing.gif

,......and I am working on a time machine! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hi.gif

1) My first Church pre-hero DC.

2) Get my new CGC Disney Four Color run at least 50% complete.

3) As always, add at least one inked 1950s Carl Barks original to my set.

4) Buy every high grade Mickey Mouse Magazine and pre-Barks WDC&S upgrade available.

CURRENTLY I HAVE ALL SUPERMAN COVERS NOW MAYBE START COLLECTING THE MISSING NON SUPERMAN COVERS.

893whatthe.gif

Complete my run of select good girl art covers. I currently have about 100 CGC graded or at CGC to be graded. Still looking for a few more books before moving on to the next venture. I'm looking for Fine and up copies of Blue Beetle #54, Black Terror #24, Phantom Lady #17, Fight Comics #33, Planet Comics #30, some Junior books, Brenda Starr #14 and Jo-Jo Comics #17.

Last year I stopped collecting 6.5 and up CGC graded early Batman's (I have 14 books so far). I'll probably pick-up a few more issues this year. Finally, I like the Action Comic covers where Superman is lifting a vehicle (odd, I know). I already have #22, #30 and #33 in CGC 7.0. I'm looking for over copies.

I currently only own 8 Timely's. Those are great books, so I'll probably try to pick up a few Captain America, Human Torch, etc. books. I'm mostly looking for unrestored books ranging between 6.5 and 7.5.

I'm looking for Fine and up copies of Blue Beetle #54, Black Terror #24, Phantom Lady #17, Fight Comics #33, Planet Comics #30, some Junior books, Brenda Starr #14 and Jo-Jo Comics #17.

Excellent taste in comics, skybolt.

Well, I am bowing my head in semi-shame as I must retract my previous perceptions (which were valid at the time). But I am gonna start seeking only F/VF or better pre-code horror, and also start seeking F/VF or better replacements for the titles I already have. And VF or better where I can.

I used to love a VG or better but recently have accumulated a few VF-NM- pre-codes and I don;t know. Maybe it is my proclivity for real 9.4 or better BA horror but these higher garde books really struck a new pre-code chord.

So I be on the make for higher grade pre-code horror at Wondercon but I tell you - I will be a haggling fool! And will also keep on the lookout for 9.4 and better BA Charlton and DC horror.

I'd like to get a low grade copy of Action Comics from the first 10 issues. Maybe 8, 9 or 10, probably around 3.0-4.0 in grade. A couple of Adventures between 41 and 48 in the same sort of condition would be nice too.

1) My first Church pre-hero DC.

2) Get my new CGC Disney Four Color run at least 50% complete.

3) As always, add at least one inked 1950s Carl Barks original to my set.

4) Buy every high grade Mickey Mouse Magazine and pre-Barks WDC&S upgrade available.

I want to make some/any progress in my GA Duck collection. I didn't make a single addition in 2004, it's like the supply of HG Ducks completely dried up after a productive 2002 and 2003. I thought I was going to salvage 2004 with a pick up in December of a sweet CGC 9.4 FC 203 and 9.4 FC 238, but I got killed in the bidding by European bidders wielding their newly powerful currency. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I'm looking for Fine and up copies of Blue Beetle #54, Black Terror #24, Phantom Lady #17, Fight Comics #33, Planet Comics #30, some Junior books, Brenda Starr #14 and Jo-Jo Comics #17.

Excellent taste in comics, skybolt.

Thanks "rjpb",

I usually only try to collect the ones that have a nice sexy cover. My favorite good girl art cover has always been Blue Beetle #49. That was the first one I purchased at CGC 8.0.

!'ll be looking for some more Wonderworlds ,3 more to go !! MysteryMen .looking for some of them also, Fantastic Comics ,3 more to go for my run of # 1 to # 8!!!!

Centaurs,more Centaurs ,what ever i can find , & Quality Comics , Hit comics, National Comics; Standards , Fighting Yank, Black Terror, Schomburg Covers, & Silver Age DC . As you can see I have my work cut out for me for years , Centaurs, Fox, Quality, Standard, Silver DC; & upgrading my Silver Age Marvel collection when I can . Oh! Yeah!! can't forget the occasional Timely!!!! Whew!!!! yay.gif