• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,768 posts in this topic

Overstreet does not do a great job at all. You can't use it for moderns. They should have a 9.8/9.6/9.4 price category for moderns also. If someone came out with a better guide overstreet would be finished. They should also publish every 4 months instead of once a year to stay current with prices.

RRdWntqCLwg.jpg

Overstreet does not do a great job at all. You can't use it for moderns. They should have a 9.8/9.6/9.4 price category for moderns also. If someone came out with a better guide overstreet would be finished. They should also publish every 4 months instead of once a year to stay current with prices.

RRdWntqCLwg.jpg

IQnmVPh.jpg

Shoot, two weeks ago they were selling for cover + shipping.

Someone talked about it, and it caught fire. You don't even need to share a picture of it in this thread, just issue #.

The She-Hulk I shared all of a sudden became very attainable, and some BIN prices on the bay are over $100. Just for sharing it here.

TAXED.

Someone talked about it, and it caught fire. You don't even need to share a picture of it in this thread, just issue #.

hm

Kabuki Images #1

The She-Hulk I shared all of a sudden became very attainable, and some BIN prices on the bay are over $100. Just for sharing it here.

TAXED.

Thank goodness I already bought all the JSC books i wanted before prices got stupid. At this point, I am not focusing or have the desire to go get these covers that everyone all of a sudden wants.

This year I am focusing my efforts on Silver keys and new campbell covers at cover/pre order price , sketch covers lol

hm

Kabuki Images #1

Great Cover...

1e10c58a-cf6b-4d5b-b339-dec8bb2266c0_zps5hpml4fd.png

511f6660-efa8-4ece-80f8-a81a17cf4bf1_zpsafijwhpn.png

Gen 13 1 3rd print is another favourite of mine.. Came out in 1997 Maid cover only 2 graded 9.8..

I think that Kabuki Virgin cover has a print run on 100. Is that correct JSC experts?

I'm not exactly sure of the print run but I know that cover is classic J. Scott Campbell art at its finest. I've had my signed copy for years and it's one of my fave Campbell covers due to the art and not because of rarity .

1e10c58a-cf6b-4d5b-b339-dec8bb2266c0_zps5hpml4fd.png

511f6660-efa8-4ece-80f8-a81a17cf4bf1_zpsafijwhpn.png

Gen 13 1 3rd print is another favourite of mine.. Came out in 1997 Maid cover only 2 graded 9.8..

I think that Kabuki Virgin cover has a print run on 100. Is that correct JSC experts?

The only info I can find is from Comichron which puts the original print run at +12,000. But I don't know the incentive ration for the variant; 1:5, 1:10, 1:50 (shrug)

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1998/1998-06.html

Jerome

hm

Kabuki Images #1

It has begun....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=161978930974&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

hm

Kabuki Images #1

It has begun....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=161978930974&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

:roflmao: I only have reg 9.8 I put a offer in.. :facepalm: