• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Anyone think the La Mole Campbell covers will reduce the demand and price of these books? They're identical reprint covers except for the "MEXICO" under the issue number.

This has been discussed not long ago. Wolverine #1, siege 3 are still selling for big money despite the la mole reprints. Some Collectors still want the real deal

Anyone think the La Mole Campbell covers will reduce the demand and price of these books? They're identical reprint covers except for the "MEXICO" under the issue number.

This has been discussed not log ago. Wolverine #1, siege 3 are still selling for big money despite the la mole reprints. Some Collectors still want the real deal

I think it helps.. Also

This has been discussed not log ago. Wolverine #1, siege 3 are still selling for big money despite the la mole reprints. Some Collectors still want the real deal.

+1

Jerome

La mole covers allow collectors to still own the cover at the fraction of the costs. Still not cheap . I've seen some 9.8 la moles sell for $250+.

Its presence fills the void for a subset of the Campbell collectors for sure.

Nope... I didn't want them... I saved and waited till I could get the real thing, and pounce when the right listing popped up... sure some people go for them, but I have a feeling they would never splurge for the real deal if they had the funds and opportunity...

Funny story...picked up this "bigger Campbell" book on the weekend. A dealer friend of mine pulled this out of a $2.00 bin and I was nearby. When he left the booth I asked him how much for it? He said they go for about $200 online, why don't we split it at $100? I pulled out the money immediately. I think it's a win/win for both of us. He makes $98 in ten seconds and I get it at less than fair market value. You just never know what may show up in the $2.00 bins.

C646C753-1555-4655-8C67-3430061551BD.jpg

Jim

Nice pull. Lots of little spine tics but still a great book & one of my favorite Campbell covers of all time. Thankfully, I picked mine up about a month before they got stupid expensive for high NM-or-better. Still paid about $50 or so for it, but well worth it at today's prices.

Edited by Doktor

Funny story...picked up this "bigger Campbell" book on the weekend. A dealer friend of mine pulled this out of a $2.00 bin and I was nearby. When he left the booth I asked him how much for it? He said they go for about $200 online, why don't we split it at $100? I pulled out the money immediately. I think it's a win/win for both of us. He makes $98 in ten seconds and I get it at less than fair market value. You just never know what may show up in the $2.00 bins.

Jim

Sweet! Everyone ends up happy all around. I was able to actually see one at C2E2 this weekend and as awesome as it looks in photos it is really a stunning book in person.

Nope... I didn't want them... I saved and waited till I could get the real thing, and pounce when the right listing popped up... sure some people go for them, but I have a feeling they would never splurge for the real deal if they had the funds and opportunity...

I would say a majority of collectors would not drop $1,000+ on a single comic.

Nice pull. Lots of little spine tics but still a great book & one of my favorite Campbell covers of all time. Thankfully, I picked mine up about a month before they got stupid expensive for high NM-or-better. Still paid about $50 or so for it, but well worth it at today's prices.

Oh its far from perfect but $100 CDN = $70 US and you probably couldn't find a VG for $70 nowadays. ;)

Jim

Jim

Nice pickup Jim! She's a beauty.