• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I just picked up a couple of the JSC Black Panther covers, on one BP is fighting Dr Doom - which is speculated to be a "hot" book with the new volume (Bulletproof Comics Exclusive). I wonder if the dollar needle will move on the value of the one I have enroute? [/quote

That's the Dell'otto variant though.

Beamer he is taking about Black Panther 2 (2009) JSC cover... This is the JSC THREAD not Dell'otto

~T

Unless I misinterpreted what he said about Black Panther fight Dr Doom (bullet proof comics exc). Last time I check that is not JSC. I could be wrong.

:facepalm:

I just picked up a couple of the JSC Black Panther covers, on one BP is fighting Dr Doom - which is speculated to be a "hot" book with the new volume (Bulletproof Comics Exclusive). I wonder if the dollar needle will move on the value of the one I have enroute? [/quote

Beamer he is taking about Black Panther 2 (2009) JSC cover... This is the JSC THREAD not Dell'otto

~T

Unless I misinterpreted what he said about Black Panther fight Dr Doom (bullet proof comics exc). Last time I check that is not JSC. I could be wrong.

Yeah. Think you are mistaken. There is a black panther cover where dr doom is fighting black panther. Art is by Campbell.

963435.jpg

Mine either.. I keep missing these. Congrats to whomever snagged it.

Patience. I am thinking more will come out to market.

I missed this one too... but I got one from this seller about a month ago... bought a black widow 6 off of him recently and asked if he had another one of the panther and he said he was pretty sure the one I bought was the last... both books I got from him are beautiful... wish he would have emailed me... I honestly think this has the potential to be in the realm of UXM 510 sketch once it gets well known... it's rare and I think it's just as gorgeous as 510... so I'm going to keep buying them as they pop up... black panther is going to get a popularity boost with the new movies, and so will this book...

It's a cool book. I want one in 9.8, but man the cover art for the 510 is just awesome. Classic jsc. Colored or sketch of the 510 still wins over the Black Panther #1. I'm a psylocke fan boy. So take what I say with a grain of salt. lol

Is your black panther #1 a 9.8 candidate?

~T

Yeah. Think you are mistaken. There is a black panther cover where dr doom is fighting black panther. Art is by Campbell.

963435.jpg

Oy vay you're both right. Dell'otto did one too (think his is better).

-J.

~T

963435.jpg

-J.

We know Dell'otto did one that comes out in a few weeks, But JLA comics was talking about the JSC cover BP vs Doom he just picked up... Hoping it will get hot because new volume (Bulletproof Comics Exclusive) comes out in a few weeks.. Beamer is hard for dell'otto!!! new flavor of the mouth..

I missed this one too... but I got one from this seller about a month ago... bought a black widow 6 off of him recently and asked if he had another one of the panther and he said he was pretty sure the one I bought was the last... both books I got from him are beautiful... wish he would have emailed me... I honestly think this has the potential to be in the realm of UXM 510 sketch once it gets well known... it's rare and I think it's just as gorgeous as 510... so I'm going to keep buying them as they pop up... black panther is going to get a popularity boost with the new movies, and so will this book...

It's a cool book. I want one in 9.8, but man the cover art for the 510 is just awesome. Classic jsc. Colored or sketch of the 510 still wins over the Black Panther #1. I'm a psylocke fan boy. So take what I say with a grain of salt. lol

It is a 9.8 candidate, but I'm going to have it pressed just make sure... I love the 510 sketch... wish I had one... but I missed the boat on that guy... I will not miss the boat on this one... I plan on grabbing them as long as they are reasonably priced... that is if they keep popping up... and hopefully that will fund getting a 510 sketch one day... this book is a huge sleeper imo... I would feel just as crappy not having this in my collection as I do the 510... and I'm a huge jsc fanboy... so that grain of salt can apply to me as well lol...

It is a 9.8 candidate, but I'm going to have it pressed just make sure... I love the 510 sketch... wish I had one... but I missed the boat on that guy... I will not miss the boat on this one... I plan on grabbing them as long as they are reasonably priced... that is if they keep popping up... and hopefully that will fund getting a 510 sketch one day... this book is a huge sleeper imo... I would feel just as crappy not having this in my collection as I do the 510... and I'm a huge jsc fanboy... so that grain of salt can apply to me as well lol...

I hear ya. No need to feel crappy about not having a book though lol the best part of collecting Campbells is the hunt.

Good luck with your raw hitting 9.8. I think there are only 3 9.8s on the census last time I checked. Need to sub mine soon.

~T

963435.jpg

-J.

We know Dell'otto did one that comes out in a few weeks, But JLA comics was talking about the JSC cover BP vs Doom he just picked up... Hoping it will get hot because new volume (Bulletproof Comics Exclusive) comes out in a few weeks.. Beamer is hard for dell'otto!!! new flavor of the mouth..

lol thank you for clearing it up! Yes I was referring to a previous volume of BP and not the current (upcoming) volume

blacks.jpg

These 2 pair nicely together. 2 of Campbell's most sought after covers, with the white background. The Black Widow is a not an easy find.

Those two covers are pretty much must haves for Campbell collectors. Surprised that the census numbers were that low for that black widow #6. What is the ratio for that book?

blacks.jpg

These 2 pair nicely together. 2 of Campbell's most sought after covers, with the white background. The Black Widow is a not an easy find.

Those two covers are pretty much must haves for Campbell collectors. Surprised that the census numbers were that low for that black widow #6. What is the ratio for that book?

1-15 just like the Black cat pink cover.. Could be wrong but I doubt it.. :hi:

blacks.jpg

1-15 just like the Black cat pink cover.. Could be wrong but I doubt it.. :hi:

Thank bro! :hi:

Still HATE that I missed the boat on that black cat presents. One of my biggest regrets not buying that cover in the $200 range. Probably priced out unless someone here wants to trade me their signed 9.8 SS for one of those black panther sketches. :whistle:

Anyone think the La Mole Campbell covers will reduce the demand and price of these books? They're identical reprint covers except for the "MEXICO" under the issue number.