• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

The Lost World book (twenty years ago) had a section of the island where the raptors wouldn't go... because the dinosaurs there were bigger, raptor-like... chameleons.

STILL waiting to see those on the big screen.

Speaking of LOST WORLD, they made a silent 1925 movie from the Arthur Conan Doyle story. Willis O'Brien who did the stop motion for KING KONG also did it for the earlier LW. And it climaxed with a dino running loose in London. Was actually quite a feat for its day. Cool poster too!

lost_world_1925_zps765450bb.jpg

Looks like they were so busy asking if they could make another Jurassic Park that no one ever stopped to ask if they should.

Still looks better than JP3!

Story-wise that may be true, but we really go to see the state-of-the-art sfx and cgi and this looks like it has neither. :(

I read on a film site these aren't the final FX passes, and that they will no doubt be vastly improved when the feature is released...

Speaking of LOST WORLD, they made a silent 1925 movie from the Arthur Conan Doyle story. Willis O'Brien who did the stop motion for KING KONG also did it for the earlier LW. And it climaxed with a dino running loose in London. Was actually quite a feat for its day. Cool poster too!

lost_world_1925_zps765450bb.jpg

+1 ...spectacular FX for it's day. (thumbs u

Needs a full Cabinet of Dr. Caligari style restoration & BD release.

Anything with realistic (and yes, they do look real) looking dinosaurs on the screen is fine in my book!

Love some JP, even the bad ones.

Looks good to me

I'm going to see it

^^

What they said.

To the folks lamenting... you realize it's only a teaser right?

I'm sorry to say this, but with a reported budget of like $150 million, the CGI effects look no better then they did in the original.

Hard to imagine the original -- which used life-sized models, if I recall correctly -- mimicking that whale-like dinosaur emerging from the water and eating a shark, then spraying the crowd with water.

All I care about is that if feels as real as the first one. They do that, and (thumbs u