• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

imagine Disneyland where the rides keep going wacky and killing everyone in the park. It's happened 3 times and they keep shutting it down then re opening it. Would you send your kids to Wallyworld?

imagine Disneyland where the rides keep going wacky and killing everyone in the park. It's happened 3 times and they keep shutting it down then re opening it. Would you send your kids to Wallyworld?
Pretty sure the park going wacky only happened once, the two sequels show the aftermath.

65 positive, 24 negative. Color me shocked--it's getting the best reviews of any of the series aside from the original. I enjoyed "Lost World" a lot, so if this is better than that, I'm there this weekend. :applause:

65 positive, 24 negative. Color me shocked--it's getting the best reviews of any of the series aside from the original.

That's only because the other 2 sequels sucked manure through a straw.

Pretty sure the park going wacky only happened once, the two sequels show the aftermath.

Right right-I guess the sequels were kind of a blur in my mind.

Easily the second best to the original. Still has it's flaws and even makes fun of itself a few times (i.e. DRX name and kid mechanics). I'm surprised how easily I got pass the whole raptor/chris Pratt thing.

Looks like they were so busy asking if they could make another Jurassic Park that no one ever stopped to ask if they should.

"Sequels are whores' movies," - William Goldman

If the same goes for novels, I wonder if whores enjoyed his sequel to Marathon Man.

We thought it was great! Quite a few laugh out loud moments and the effects were pretty seamless. There were a couple "posey" moments that I personally thought were cheesy, as well as some clichés but other than those nitpicks it was a lot of fun! The ankylosaurus was my favorite dinosaur when I was little so I was both happy to see a herd of them "live" but also cringed when one of them got killed. Our 11am show was packed...tons of little kids. Most of the theater applauded at the end. A fun time!

We thought it was great! Quite a few laugh out loud moments and the effects were pretty seamless. There were a couple "posey" moments that I personally thought were cheesy, as well as some clichés but other than those nitpicks it was a lot of fun! The ankylosaurus was my favorite dinosaur when I was little so I was both happy to see a herd of them "live" but also cringed when one of them got killed. Our 11am show was packed...tons of little kids. Most of the theater applauded at the end. A fun time!

+1

The audience I saw the movie with gave it a surprisingly long ovation as the end credits rolled, and the young woman sitting in front of me actually started crying tears of joy when one of the main characters had their big moment at the end. Many twenty-something friends of mine have a major nostalgic attachment to the first film, and I thought Jurassic World did great job of calling back to the original without overdoing it.

The main critiques I've heard so far involve the general implausibility of certain scenes playing out the way that they do. Obviously, coincidence at key moments and poor/idiotic decision making by various characters are cornerstones of these films and their universe though, right?

I mean, I accept that when a guy throws on a cowl and starts speaking like he could really use a throat lozenge, no one can recognize him anymore. I accept that Vin Diesel can leap thirty feet off of an overpass, catch someone in mid-air, and then safely land on a tank passing underneath them. I believe in the power of radioactive spiders. As long as a movie doesn't blatantly defy it's own internal logic, I don't consider accepting a heightened reality to be the same thing as checking your brain at the door. Different expectations for different genres.

Anyway, YMMV with that, but I thought it was a very fun movie. I may even have to see it twice.

Looks like they were so busy asking if they could make another Jurassic Park that no one ever stopped to ask if they should.

"Sequels are whores' movies," - William Goldman

If the same goes for novels, I wonder if whores enjoyed his sequel to Marathon Man.

That book was bad bad bad

+1

The audience I saw the movie with gave it a surprisingly long ovation as the end credits rolled, and the young woman sitting in front of me actually started crying tears of joy when one of the main characters had their big moment at the end. Many twenty-something friends of mine have a major nostalgic attachment to the first film, and I thought Jurassic World did great job of calling back to the original without overdoing it.

The main critiques I've heard so far involve the general implausibility of certain scenes playing out the way that they do. Obviously, coincidence at key moments and poor/idiotic decision making by various characters are cornerstones of these films and their universe though, right?

I mean, I accept that when a guy throws on a cowl and starts speaking like he could really use a throat lozenge, no one can recognize him anymore. I accept that Vin Diesel can leap thirty feet off of an overpass, catch someone in mid-air, and then safely land on a tank passing underneath them. I believe in the power of radioactive spiders. As long as a movie doesn't blatantly defy it's own internal logic, I don't consider accepting a heightened reality to be the same thing as checking your brain at the door. Different expectations for different genres.

Anyway, YMMV with that, but I thought it was a very fun movie. I may even have to see it twice.

At my screening everyone gave it a standing ovation as well.

It was the 11:45 AM showing and it was packed.