• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

We thought it was great! Quite a few laugh out loud moments and the effects were pretty seamless. There were a couple "posey" moments that I personally thought were cheesy, as well as some clichés but other than those nitpicks it was a lot of fun! The ankylosaurus was my favorite dinosaur when I was little so I was both happy to see a herd of them "live" but also cringed when one of them got killed. Our 11am show was packed...tons of little kids. Most of the theater applauded at the end. A fun time!

+1

The audience I saw the movie with gave it a surprisingly long ovation as the end credits rolled, and the young woman sitting in front of me actually started crying tears of joy when one of the main characters had their big moment at the end. Many twenty-something friends of mine have a major nostalgic attachment to the first film, and I thought Jurassic World did great job of calling back to the original without overdoing it.

The main critiques I've heard so far involve the general implausibility of certain scenes playing out the way that they do. Obviously, coincidence at key moments and poor/idiotic decision making by various characters are cornerstones of these films and their universe though, right?

I mean, I accept that when a guy throws on a cowl and starts speaking like he could really use a throat lozenge, no one can recognize him anymore. I accept that Vin Diesel can leap thirty feet off of an overpass, catch someone in mid-air, and then safely land on a tank passing underneath them. I believe in the power of radioactive spiders. As long as a movie doesn't blatantly defy it's own internal logic, I don't consider accepting a heightened reality to be the same thing as checking your brain at the door. Different expectations for different genres.

Anyway, YMMV with that, but I thought it was a very fun movie. I may even have to see it twice.

At my screening everyone gave it a standing ovation as well.

It was the 11:45 AM showing and it was packed.

Alright.

You guys and gals sold me on it.

I will go see it. (thumbs u

Two major ovations at the screening I saw. I had fun.

I didn't realize Kingpin was in the movie so that was a cool surprise.

My friend asked me if I am going to see it. I told him probably when it comes out on DVD. My friend's response was he is going to tell Vincent I don't support his movies. :tonofbricks:

Seen the movie tonight.

I didn't expect much from this movie going in so I guessed it helped me appreciate it more.

It is nothing jaw-dropping or anything like that. It is actually very similar to the 1st movie with just an added twist to make it a little different.

Overall rating: 7.5/8 out of 10

Wow. It may wind up with one of the top three largest opening weekend takes in box office history. Maybe even a greater first weekend total than Age of Ultron.

forget about AoU vs Star Wars, Jurassic World is going to win the summer domestic BO and FF7 beat AoU WW

Wow. It may wind up with one of the top three largest opening weekend takes in box office history. Maybe even a greater first weekend total than Age of Ultron.

forget about AoU vs Star Wars, Jurassic World is going to win the summer domestic BO and FF7 beat AoU WW

So where will "Fantastic 4" end up? hm

This movie took me back to my 9 year old self after I saw the original. Yea it has its flaws, clichés, and predictability, but it's an overall fun movie that needs to be seen in theatres. Who doesn't love dinosaurs!?

I'm watching The Lost World: Jurassic Park right now and I'm liking it better than I did in '97. The late Pete Postlehwaite really reminds me of my hunter dad in it. Really getting excited to see the new one with all the great reviews on here.

Yup, saw this yesterday, good fun movie!

You could really say it's a remake of the first one tbh, but that's not such a bad thing as Chris Pratt was very likable and I quite enjoyed the whole him being the alpha on a motorbike shtick.

Good effects with a surprising amount of death and destruction to boot.

Liked it better than Avemgers: AoU.

I'm watching The Lost World: Jurassic Park right now and I'm liking it better than I did in '97. The late Pete Postlehwaite really reminds me of my hunter dad in it

I really liked him, he was one of the best things in that movie.

When they aired it on T.V. a few years ago they added a deleted scene featuring his character that was pretty cool. I don't know if that scene is on the blu-ray or not, it's worth checking out.

I'm watching The Lost World: Jurassic Park right now and I'm liking it better than I did in '97. The late Pete Postlehwaite really reminds me of my hunter dad in it

When they aired it on T.V. a few years ago they added a deleted scene featuring his character that was pretty cool. I don't know if that scene is on the blu-ray or not, it's worth checking out.

I actually prefer the directors cut of the Lost World over the theatrical release.

I actually prefer the directors cut of the Lost World over the theatrical release.

Yeah, the cut scene I saw was pretty good, surprised they cut it. I guess all it does is further establish that his character is burnt-out and doesn't feel there's any challenges worth facining. Probably felt they had sufficiently established that and the scene just took up time. But I liked it.

I was doing other stuff at the time so I didn't get to watch the whole movie. Kinda makes me want to track down the Directer's Cut now.

Yeah, the cut scene I saw was pretty good, surprised they cut it. I guess all it does is further establish that his character is burnt-out and doesn't feel there's any challenges worth facining. Probably felt they had sufficiently established that and the scene just took up time. But I liked it.

I was doing other stuff at the time so I didn't get to watch the whole movie. Kinda makes me want to track down the Directer's Cut now.

You should, it makes the film far more enjoyable as they add a lot of little cheracter touches.